Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: memphis,new orleans,nashvlille

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's really hard to say at the moment. I suspect the tourist experiences will be largely intact, but it might be wise to check with the various tourist authorities in advance:

http://www.memphistravel.com/

http://www.visitmusiccity.com/indexfull.php

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/

http://www.800alabama.com/

I suspect New Orleans will cope very well as they are used to this kind of situation and the main tourist areas weren't really affected by Katrina in 2005. I would monitor things for the next few days, though, and perhaps contact the tourist bureaus by email to ask the question directly.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what a great place the deep south was, bourban st in new orleans and beale st in memphis were superb,lots of traveling though. gracelands and sun studios were also very good to visit,i will try to put together a small trip report as we did so much in 7 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OOoooooh! Trip Report!!

I've never been to any of them, and am especially sorry to have missed New Orleans in its prime, so would love to hear about your experience.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was everything working OK after all the recent flooding, bristolphil? And I second the interest in reading a full trip report!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd be really interested in hearing more.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Deb View Post
    I'd be really interested in hearing more.
    deb you would love bourban st in new orleans and beale st in memphis its like one crazy street party with lots of strong cocktails like the hurricane and the grenade, nashville was lots of bars with live country and western music playing , a great experiance

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    Was everything working OK after all the recent flooding, bristolphil? And I second the interest in reading a full trip report!!
    yeah simon there was no flooding in memphis and new orleans has always been fine around the french quater ,around new orleans there is still areas where katrina has wiped out whole naighbourhoods and is still in a mess.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default were going back to the deep south

Quote Originally Posted by bristolphil View Post
    yeah simon there was no flooding in memphis and new orleans has always been fine around the french quater ,around new orleans there is still areas where katrina has wiped out whole naighbourhoods and is still in a mess.
    the same 8 of us have decided to go back to new orleans memphis nashville may19th 2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oooh!! Fantastic!!

I'll be interested in hearing if you notice any changes since your last trip. We've had a trip there since your last trip, and while there was still a lot of work to be done in the areas affected by Katrina, the main tourist area was largely intact.

Will you do a trip report when you get back?

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've only just spotted your posts here.

Glad you had a great time. Sounds like a great trip : )

We drove down from my Dad's in Indiana to Memphis and also Nashville, but that was back in the 90's.
    Looking forward to your trippie : )
    ***Lisa***

--1994 Evansville, Indiana - Kentucky - Memphis - Illinois --- 1996 LA - San Diego - San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon -- 1997 New York - 1998 Evansville, Indiana - St Louis -- 1998 New York - St Lucia --2000 Evansville, Indiana - Nashville - Chicago -- 2001 Clearwater -- 2007 Orlando -- 2010 Orlando -- 2012 Orlando -- 2013 LA -- Oct 2014 Orlando -- Mar 2016 Roadtrip NYC/DC/Virginia/Tennessee/Indiana/Kentucky -- 2017 Orlando

Thread Information