Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Recent Visa Wait Times after referral to DHS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Recent Visa Wait Times after referral to DHS

Hi,

I recently applied for my 4th Visa renewal (For conviction) so hopefully do not see any problems with acceptance due to having them previously.

The interview was on the 13th April and the fellow at the desk said he would pass it onto the DHS due to me having a Conviction and would recommend the Visa as there had been 3 previously with no problems and the offence was such a long time ago.

I have yet to hear anything 12 weeks on , has anyone got a timescale for there's recently, as from what i remember they only took a few weeks last time before they contacted me to send the Passport to them.

Best Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There have been a few reports lately of the embassy taking its time over visa's, with one family not getting there's in time to travel.
    Can't remember if there was any reason given, but it seems as if its just a waiting game.

But hopefully someone who has recently applied and recieved a visa can give you a timescale

Have you got a forthcoming trip in the wings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That would seem a long time to wait but is it possible to ring or email?

Thanks for the replies, we have a trip Mid-Sept.

My Visa was not due to expire until the end of June, but I applied for another early to give plenty of time for our upcoming trip.

Itís been around 12 weeks now, our holiday to florida is not for another 10 weeks but I would like to have it in my hands before paying for park tickets, Villa, etc

I have phoned them this week only to be told to wait until the 16 week period then get in touch. Although he then told me that there unable to track applications once within the DHS offices

Iím sure it will be fine itís just the waiting is killing me.

Best regards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives soon for you, it must be infuriating though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry bazbolly can't help with the visa question, but just wanted to wish you luck with getting a prompt response.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Thread Information