Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Numerous old convictions - US visa

Default Numerous old convictions - US visa

Hi I hope someone can help me.

From the age of 15 until I was 26 I was a heroin addict and therefore have numerous convictions for theft and 2 possession of drug charges, none of which I served time in prison for. My last offence was over 5 years ago and I now work for the local council in a management role and have completely turned my life around.

My Dad lives in USA (he is married to an American woman) and I want to visit him desperately. I have visited previously using the Visa waiver route, but my husband and 3 young children will be with me this time and so I really can't risk being turned away at immigration. Does anyone know what my chances are off obtaining a visa with previous drug convictions? I'm petrified that if I apply and then get declined a visa then if, god forbid, anything happens in the future to my Dad that I will be bannned from USA for 10 years. Plus as I used the visa waiver scheme before it will count against me. Please can others let me know of their experiences.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi Mistrey, welcome to the forum.
    I'm afraid I have no experience of applying for Visas so can't help you but just wanted to say well done to you for turning your life around, it can't have been easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi mistrey and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid that the forum rules now don't allow members to provide advice on visas, they can advise on the process etc, but not on what to do or the chances of success.

Whatever you do I wish you the best.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Hi

Thanks for your replies, I suppose I'm just asking if others have managged to obtain visa's after drug convictions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi mistrey, and Welcome to the ATD forums.

I'm afraid we can't comment on what the chances are of any particular outcome as regards visas. My apologies, but I will have to close the thread, according to ATD forum rules.

Is there anything other than the visa that we can help with?

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information