Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Pool Heating in May

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pool Heating in May

Hi, we are going to Florida inthe middle of May (our first time and we are just so excited!!) and are staying in a villa in Davenport. I was originally told that we would not need pool heating as the weather is usually hot but a friend of a friend as said that they think that we should pay the extra for heating, just in case as the weather can be unpredictable. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Also, do you think it is a bit ambitious for us to go to Magic Kingdom the morning after us arriving??
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Honey Monster welcome to the best forums in town.

Hope you have a great time, do take a look at the forums to get more information.

I never stayed in a villa, so dont really know about pool temps

PS please check out the polls section and fill out the battle of the ***es poll and take park in the mega america quiz

and MK the morning after is cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome Honey Monster, its nice weather in May, I wouldent think you would need Pool heating, but see what everybody else says, as for visiting MK on your first morning, we always go there, you will wake about 4.00 am due to the time differance, have breakie about 6.00am and if your anything like us you will be waiting at the gate of MK from about 07:30am, its fantastic and magical I wouldent start my first day any other way.

BEST WESTERN MOVIE LAND 1996
    ALL STAR MOVIES 2004
    QUALITY INN INTERNATIONAL 2006 ALL STAR MOVIES 2007
    POP CENTURY RESORT 2009 FOUR POINTS SHERATON/RPR UNIVERSAL 2011 quality inn/old key west/ RPR Universal 2014
    Caribbean beach/RPR 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info. I will keep looking on the board, there seems to be loads of brill info - Well Done all!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pool heating is a purely personal thing and also depends n the make up of your party.If you have small children it might be worth having it heated as it is better than having the children moan I have been at my home there in May and not had the pool heated and it was fine but I don't have small children .If the home you are renting has a pool cover use it it will keep in the heat overnight .Yopu may be able to heat the pool after your arrival but you should know it can take upi to 24 hours to heat up to the max .
    As far as the first day is concerned you will be up early so can gewt to MK early but you might flake out early too !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forums, Honey Monster its nice to have you here.

I've never stayed in a villa so can't help you with the pool heating but your first time in Orlando HAS to start with MK
    Billiecat

Welcome Honey Monster.
    Im also going in may and staying in a villa in davenport.
    Im not having my pool heated as it will be in the 80s as
    you step off the plane.You will just want to get out of the
    heat and jump in your pool to cool down!!TRUST ME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum Honey Monster Post lots and have fun

i have never been in May so i don't know what the weather is like all i can say is the water in the pools can get bloody cold if the weather is'nt scorching

As for MK for us to do a park the first day would be to much but we are lazy so do what you think best maybe go and if it is to much just leave it for another day
    If you don't go you don't know

hi hm we always like to go to the mk first and went the morning after we arrived last year, the next day we were tired but were expecting that to be the case so had an easy day planned.
    sessions9

We went in the Oct and pool was quite cold, although kids never complained, think they were just happy to have a pool all to themselves. As for MK, we did that on the 2nd day and did SeaWorld first, eased us in nice.
    Don't Follow Your Dreams, Catch Them

Thread Information