Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did you have a good time then everything pink

SQUIDGE

I LOVE ORLANDO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Pink
    Hi Honey Monster, I have just got back from a villa in Davenport, it was absolutely beautiful, I would definitely recommend pool heating, we had it and after a long day at the parks it is wonderful to come back to a warm pool, well worth the extra bit of money!!!! ;)

Thanks for this Everything Pink. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. They say that Davenport is about 10/15mins away from Disney, would you agree or are they bending the truth slightly??????
    Honey Monster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they are about right but it depends where in davenport you are -it is a big area.Most homes are on the 27 and again depending where you are along there you have 2 ways to get to the park areas.If you are more towards the south and Hines City area you may well be better off uisnt he I-4 although they are improving the i-4 /192 junctions so you could get hold ups there and bear in mind it is a motorway and as such subject to the add accident and looney activities like recently when someone decided to walk along it!

If you are on the n27 or the communities north of HR you are probably better off using 192/ Sherberth road /Osceola parkway to get to the parks .But there may be delays on this road at the moment due to the bridge they are building to take the new beltway that is going over the 192.
    I have had guests who returned yesterday and they said even if it was Easter this route wasn't so bad

Yeah, it is about 15 mins away from Disney, it is the closest park to get to and Palm Girl is spot on there are roadworks on the I-4 in that area, however it is constantly moving but take that into account when you are planning to get somewhere early, we stayed in Windsor Place in Davenport which was fabulous, there are developments being built in this area however it does not spoil your enjoyment of the holiday at all, and I would recommend visitin old town kissimee on a Saturday evening, there are fabulous old yank cars parading the streets, a fun fair, music and you can sit down and have a refreshing beer! Get there before 6p.m in order to park!
    Last edited by Everything Pink; 20-04-2006 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thanks palm girl & Everything Pink, I'm sure this info will be very useful to us. Only 4 weeks to go!!!

You will have a great time, it is hard not too ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

when thay say 15 Mins to Disney thay will be telling the truth but Disney is 47 sq miles so once you reach Disney there is still a long way to go depending what part you are going to
    If you don't go you don't know

Thread Information