Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: sheraton world resort

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharonda
    We're staying at the Sheraton this year. Read some very bad reviews, so was in two minds whether to change accommodation or not. I've read the hotel itself is spot on but the motel style rooms are not up to much. Looking forward to the holiday, just dreading the hotel!! Can anyone put my mind at rest??
    Are you booked through Virgin Holidays? I was booked to go in June 2006 and I read adverse reviews on tripadvisor about the hotel. I was horrified, I rang Virgin and asked them that with so many bad reviews how could they feature it in their brochure? They didn't really give me an answer to that but told me I could change. So I opted for a another one which was slightly more expensive. This was about 3 months before the holiday. I chose the other hotel out of the 2006 brochure and checked the price online. They wouldn't let me have the 2006 price because the 2007 brochure had just been published so I had to pay the 2007 price. Nor would they let me have the online discount because I was changing it and that could only be done over the phone. So if you booked using the 2006 brochure be aware that when you change you will be charged the 2007 price and you will lose any online discount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Sharonda, We have stayed at The Sheraton World Resort twice. It is a very clean hotel. The grounds and pool area are lovely. The rooms are very typical of most hotel rooms. But I don't see the point in paying a lot of money for a room that you are hardly going to be in. It is within walking distance of seaworld and there are a couple of restaurants across the street but it is far away from the main part of I drive. So unless you use the trolley bus or have a car it would be hard to get around. Hope this helps
    I LOVE FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry what I said was misleading. It wasn't the Sheraton that I had booked with.

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone. I agree its just somewhere to sleep but when you've got kids it needs to be clean etc. I look on Holidays uncovered and thats what put me off! We previously stayed at the other end of ID (can't remember the name of the hotel - Doh) and that was fine for what we needed it for. We do hire a car so no worries getting around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well all I can stress is that it was clean, just very basic accommodation. But then isn't any hotel room. Two beds a table and chairs and a bathroom. I don't mind a basic room I have more preference over having a fridge to be honest.
    I LOVE FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh definitely a fridge! God I lived in one for over a month with a baby and no fridge! Had to try and keep everything chilled in buckets of ice. Nightmare!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How can you live without a fridge? :eek:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Buckets of ice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL, didnt the ice melt rather fast? and where did you store the ice that you needed when the other ice melted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had to run and get some more!! Yes it did melt pretty fast but not as fast as it would have done in Florida (this was NJ) We were looking for an apartment and it took over a month to find one we wanted. Husband's company provided the hotel and it was a very, very basic motel type. :eek:

Thread Information