Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: You're not going to believe this -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default You're not going to believe this -

- but they've done it again! I've just had a couple of e-mails from Virgin telling us they've cancelled the later flight (7.50pm) and we've all been moved onto the earlier flight.

So, not only have they stolen 2 hours going out, but they've now stolen 2 hours coming back! That means that instead of returning to the airport at 6pm meaning we don't have to leave the parks until 4pm, we now have to be back at the airport for a 6.10pm flight meaning we really need to be on the road at 3pm. With DTD check-in, that doesn't leave much time for our last day in the park.

B'ger, b'ger, b'ger!!
    Last edited by LeonieM; 31-12-2010 at 04:46 PM.
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a real shame Leonie

I just can't help thinking that if you had wanted to change your flights in this way, they would have charged you a hefty 50pp admin fee, but they can do it and you just have to accept it

Life isn't fair sometimes

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is a shame but Virgin have cancelled flights on 1st and 13th feb from Man and Orlando and not replaced them so people have had to rearrange their days flying to and from Florida So they've stolen days off some people!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take this for what it's worth (which may be nothing) but some carriers we have used allow you to rebook your flight without penalty if you cannot make the rescheduled time (since, after all, it's not the one you origionally booked, so it's 'their' doing, not yours). I don't have any idea if that's the case with Virgin, but if you don't want to travel during the time they have rescheduled your flight they might allow you to book another flight without a fee. Worth asking?

I would think 2 hours isn't worth rebooking, but just wanted to put that out there in case you really are unhappy enough that you want to make a change. It MIGHT be possible.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information