Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  516
Page 11 of 173 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Topic: Florida Weather Report

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well thats kind of good apart from the herbs. Hopefully they will dry out in the heat of the day.
    Was sunny earlier, Alan said he would cut the grass after watching the Grand Prix and guess what...now it's raining!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That last (unexpected) thunderstorm dragged some much colder air in behind it and the temps dropped down into the 50sF overnight. It is struggling to get back into the 60s at the moment, especially as there is a cooling breeze as well, so people will notice a BIG difference when they are out and about today (and possibly tomorrow). It IS still nice and sunny, though, so as long as people have a sweater or jacket, it should still be a good time to be in the parks.

I am a bit worried lol we arrive on Friday and I have packed all shorts and little tops as this time last year we didnt see any rain when we visited. Should I consider packing jumpers & jeans etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes. You might not need them, but if you get today's type of weather you will.

I'd pack one pair of jeans and a jumper or light jacket.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    Yes. You might not need them, but if you get today's type of weather you will.

I'd pack one pair of jeans and a jumper or light jacket.

Thanks Susan. What am I going to do about my tan? lol Do you know any sun bed shops he he he he

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL! Don't worry; there's a much better chance you'll get loads of sun.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    LOL! Don't worry; there's a much better chance you'll get loads of sun.
    Thanks Susan. I hope there is lots of sunshine I am looking out the window here at the moment and it is pouring down with rain and has for most of last week bit depressing really I need sunshine lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's warmed up here this afternoon, and our walk today generated a sweat (sorry). Bright blue sky, so here's hoping the rain we get from now on is just regular summer-time rain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The last week of April proved another hot, dry spell, with temps recovering from the low 70s after that brief 3-day rainy spell to the mid-80s again (up to 88F on 2 days). And it is definitely set fair for at least the next 5 days (although southern Florida is getting a real drenching right now!!). We could be up as high as 90F (32C) this week, and there is little to no rain on the horizon. We could get an isolated thunderstorm by the end of the week, but we are once again in a very dry weather pattern.

We have had 1.5in of rain this month (mainly thanks to that 3-day wet spell from 19th-21st) but we are still almost an inch below average for April. We have a lot of fire warnings out around the area again, so that means people need to be careful with cigarettes, etc, as it's easy to start a brush fire at the moment. Fingers crossed we DO get at least some rain soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The first real signs of summer this week - and the first real sustained rain in more than 6 months. We've had four successive days of 90-plusF, and three successive days of afternoon thunderstorms. We've actually had more than an inch of rain (shock, horror!) and the humidity that usually features from June-September, pushing the heat index (what it really feels like) a few degrees higher. The one difference so far is that yesterday's storm has dropped the temperature with some cooler air following through, so it is only mid-70s so far this morning.

But, the weather forecast is now insisting we could be in for a run of higher humidity, and more isolated thunderstorms, later this week. It is already pretty much shorts and T-shirt weather all day and evening, but this sounds like it is now time to switch full-time to the Factor 50-plus and using lots of after-sun in the evening. Temps are dipping only into the low 70s at night, which means it is perfect weather to be sitting outside for dinner and breakfast

Thread Information