Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  519
Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Topic: Florida Weather Report

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, but it IS kind of humid.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi all

What is the humidity likely to be like last week in May/first 2 weeks in June ? I am trying to talk my mum and dad into coming away with us (or at least for part of the 3 weeks we are away) but they are concerned about the heat. I know June is the start of the wet season but does it just generally rain for part of the day?

thanks
    JoJo1970

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

May is a beautiful time to visit. There IS heat (it averages in the 80s, but can get into the 90s...or ((rarely)) the low 100s) but the humidity is still relatively low. That's not to say there is NO humidity, but it's nothing like summer.

I love May. It's probably my favourite time to be here.

Check out ATD's Month by Month Holiday Central, then click on May: http://www.attraction-tickets-direct...oliday-Central

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, that's very true.Late May/early June IS the official start of the summer season, hence it IS possible to have higher temps but the humidity should still be relatively low and manageable

PS: We DID have a very murky and rainy day yesterday in the end, and more rain in the early hours today. But, things DO change pretty quickly and it is very rare for the rain to last more than an hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    Yes, that's very true.Late May/early June IS the official start of the summer season, hence it IS possible to have higher temps but the humidity should still be relatively low and manageable

PS: We DID have a very murky and rainy day yesterday in the end, and more rain in the early hours today. But, things DO change pretty quickly and it is very rare for the rain to last more than an hour.
    many thanks for the weather updates very handy indeed i have only been in april and october and weather been glorious so a bit spoilt not travelling again till next oct but will stay on here for great advice
    many thanks

Phil c

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to see you again, philcampell666! Jump right in! We're happy to share your pre-trip excitement!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK, the last week or so has been unseasonally hot and dry. Temps have jumped back up to the low 90sF (93F on one occasion and 91 on average) and, while there is no great humidity, it does feel like we have moved back into summer :eek: We have had absolutely NO rain for the past week (which is pretty amazing for September; not that it is usually very wet, but we still count on regular thunderstorms every few days) and today's forecast is for more 'hot and dry'. The 7-day forecast shows only a 30% chance of rain and temps remaining about 90/91 (when it would usually be around 87F), but it does mean that evenings are about ideal for being out and about (or just sitting somewhere outside for a meal). Anyone here at the moment is definitely getting a good deal as the crowds are relatively low, too.

Thumbs up Sounds good...

Hi Simon

We fly out on 4th Oct so have been keeping an eye on the forecast and have not been too happy to see a lot of thunderstorms! But it sounds like they can't get the weather right there either after reading your post below

We have been to Orlando twice before during the first two weeks of October (once when were married) and have been very lucky with the weather so fingers crossed!

Thanks for the helpful updates

Kate

Default Weather

Simon. Thanks for the updates ........we fly out next week and have also been looking at the weather reports which indicate thunderstorms almost every day ??
    I think I'll go with your reports .....more reliable and much better weather predicted !! Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We did have one showery period yesterday and there are a few thundery showers on the radar today, but they are still very minor. Temps have dropped back a little (upper 80sF) but it is still pretty good! TBH, the weather forecasters tend to put up the '30% Scattered Thunderstorms' forecast at the beginning of June and they don't take them down until the end of September!! Being Florida, weather can change from hour to hour quite quickly, let alone day to day, so it is always best to take any long-range (i.e. more than 24 hours!) forecasts with a healthy dose of salt!!

Thread Information