Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Airline Seating - the Secret is Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I consider them every time, CL, but it always comes down to price and, historically, Virgin has always worked out cheaper due to FC miles. Our BA flights to Dallas this year and last were partly funded by Airmiles. As soon as the flights are available, I'll be checking prices and the winner will be whichever costs less! I don't think we'll have enough Airmiles (or Avios as they'll be by then) to get much of a discount on BA flights, so I suspect it may be back to Virgin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I wasn't sure whether BA would work out cheaper than Virgin. Although we aren't going next year () I looked up Miles plus money flights for late April next year on PE and was shocked to see them over 1000...
    We may look into indirect next time, our friends rated Delta when they went to Orlando this year.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

always liked BA, they just dont seem competitive, i think its because flying from manchester usually means going via heathrow which just seems to add to the cost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I must admit that we have been impressed by BA when we have flown with them but like everyone else says, it always comes down to the cost of a flight and
    9/10 times Virgin are the cheaper of the two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have too been very impressed in recent years with BA. They could not have been more helpful. Once in Orlando, even though we were doing main leg with Virgin, they were kind enough to print us a boarding card at MCO for the internal flight in UK. Virgin to be honest not v good at MCO.

Stuck in Ash cloud last year on a set of free air miles tickets they sent me cheque for well over 700 to get back home via Eurostar. Then rang to ask if that was ok etc. Not bad for a free flight.

Last year they excelled. Upgraded me on London to Singapore flight! Flat bed...that's the way to travel.

Thread Information