Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Part of my flight cancelled where do stand.

Default Part of my flight cancelled where do stand.

Hi all

I have got a bit of a problem i booked my flights on line with tripsta flying from Dublin to Orlando connecting at atlanta,with Air France but flights are operated by Delta had a few flight changes which left me with a connection time of just 30 mins on the homeward leg so i phoned Delta got no help the first call the second time i called they where very helpful gave times of other flights which would be better for me and my family but said i had to get my travel agent to change it. Phoned travel agent no problem said they would email me with new flight times 2 weeks no word today just thought i would check to find my flight from Atlanta to Dublin has been cancelled. Phoned Travel Agent not getting any reply is it worth phoning delta.Im not sure where i stand.

Many thanks
    Glenn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I presume that when you booked you booked a through, end to end, trip as opposed to separate flights? If it is the former then the airline/TA have a responsibility to you.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am sorry that you are having such a tough time with your flights. The airline is not able to help you. Your contract is with the travel agent and the airline is not allowed to touch the booking until you have departed for the first flight. We often get this scenario where customers contact us directly and we are not allowed to do anything. To complicate things even further, if the flights are operated by Delta, but the ticket has been issued on Air France ticket stock then your travel agent needs to deal with Air France rather than Delta, too.

I would try once more to contact your travel agent. If they are not responding or refusing to act, then report them to ABTA. I just checked them out and they are a UK based agent so ABTA should be able to help you. Their address is: ABTA Ltd, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ. If you do not have any joy with them, then the next port of call should be the Civil Aviation Authority: CAA House, 45-59 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TE. In my experience, threatening a travel agent with either or both usually has the desired result.

The irony is, airlines are well prepared for schedule changes and have a lot of contingency plans. So if the travel agent was to contact the relevant airline, this would be resolved in less than 5 minutes.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely right. If your booking is via a TA, then it is the agent that must change things. They have your booking, and they MUST respond to any changes you need to make.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Delta flights that I booked through a TA have changed 3 times now due to Delta cancelling heathrow to Miami. Each time it has been myself that has been informing my TA! I've found out they have changed from another forum and then tried to log on to my booking on the Delta website for it to tell me to contact my TA as there is a change in my schedule. My TA have then been good at sorting the flights out. I do know that some people that have had no joy from the TA who they booked with, have rung Delta and they have sorted the flights out for them and told them to notify their TA!

Thumbs up All sorted

Thanks everyone for the replys got my flights sorted seems im on the same flight just the flight number has changed.
    Guess im just a panicker:o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glenn1966 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replys got my flights sorted seems im on the same flight just the flight number has changed.
    Guess im just a panicker:o
    Good to get things sorted and retain your peace of mind.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Thread Information