Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Virgin Premium Economy - Worth it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Virgin Premium Economy - Worth it?

I'm considering treating myself when I fly out to meet my sister and the kids next year. Right now the prices are not too bad for PE and since its just me flying out on my own it may be worth it. I'm a fairly laid back traveller anyway and with my tablet/Ipod and IFE i'm usually well entertained. From what I can see its basically a slightly wider seat and a dedicated check-in section.
    Those who have travelled PE with Virgin - what did you think and if it was a choice between PE or extra spending money what would you choose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TBH DM we've never been able to cost justify PE.

Cheapskate I hear you say! Lol
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cheapskate, never! Ive always been the same but as i say since its only me i figure i may go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm with TF
    I always look at the extra and think to myself....................that's our park tickets, Discovery Cove, Car Hire etc etc
    But if you have enough money, go for it ;)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

For the last number of trips we have travelled PE. I am a tall lady and Alan is a big guy and tall with it although there is less of him now.
    However unless our numbers come up on the lottery I think we will be going economy next time as I think with the extra taxes etc it is hard to justify.
    However DM if you fancy treating yourself (and why not!) then go for it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We haven't flown PE with virgin but did on our first trip with First Choice. If the price isn't too bad I would go for it again we are both "well fed" ;) so the extra width in the seats was worth the money for us. Whether it was just coincidence I don't know but the premium cabin was a lot quieter than when we flew virgin economy meaning that we actually slept on the way back which made for a much better first day home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good question.

We used to use it but only if it was the section that was in the bubble top of the 747. That was different, upstairs and only about 30 seats with enough room to walk around. Downstairs well it's pronably worth paying extra to pre book a better economy seat rather than PE price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have never paid for it, but were upgraded for free twice, both on a A340-600 (London to Los Angeles) so there is no upstairs. Based on the experience we had on those flights, I would not pay to upgrade as the difference between Economy and Premium Economy was not huge.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the opinions. Very informative. Based on those who have experienced it the extra money does not seem worth it. I will just make sure I check in online right at the start of the window and try to get a good seat.

Thread Information