Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Orlando Sanford - transfers etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Orlando Sanford - transfers etc

I've had a look about using the search and generally on the internet and cant find a firm "yes" or "no" or prices for transfers from SFB to the main hotel areas. The companies listed on Sanford's website are not much help.
    The flight prices for next April i'm seeing are insane, but I have found a flight with Icelandair just over 700 via Reykjavik but it flies into SFB. Also I'd have to leave a day earlier than planned which means one extra night in a random hotel before heading to All-Star Sports for my original planned dates.

Are there coach/bus shuttles (like Mears etc. do from MCO) to I-drive etc? If so can anyone point me in the direction of websites or booking companies?

Before anyone suggests it a hire car is an absolute last resort for this option. My sister and her family already have one booked for when they would arrive they next day so its pointless me taking one. Even just for the one day by the time you take fuel etc into account its not worth it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No idea about the shuttles, Super Shuttle or Mears but SAnford is a poor cousin compared with the International Airport.

If you fancy a bit of an adventure Seminole Mall is about 2 miles from the airport, from there you can access the Lynx bus network. Looks like it might take a while but if you enjoy watching the scenery go past....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not going to be much help with the transfers, but don't rule a car out if you are happy to drive DM.
    We did a twenty four hour hire from the airport to get us to our overnight hotel and then to Miami.
    I had reserved another 24hr hire to get us back to Disney, but extended it on pickup, this one we were returning to The Swan and Dolphin on completion of our hire.
    One hire cost us 22 plus we had to top our tank back up.
    The return was 30 including fuel and the extra 24hrs was another $32.

Not bad for what we needed and it was certainly a cheaper option than just a transfer from MCO to our overnight hotel, so I would think this would be cheaper than a shuttle

I've just remembered in the dark recesses of my brain, that I appear to think that Mears do a shuttle service I might be mistaken, but I think not :eek:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for info Re car hire. Lynx also not a problem for my but getting to the bus would be another cost - the taxi fare. By the time ive paid all these extras for the one night im wondering if i should just take the cheapest flight ive found so far to MCO but its a 3 flight journey - more flights to get delayed. Also the return leaves MCO at 11am rather than the more normal 1700-1900 time frame which means literally a whole day cut off the trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We had a transfer from SFB, but it was with First Choice. It cost us 140 return. That makes SK's 24 hr car hire a good bet. Sanford is a great airport to enter the USA, very quick immigration. Xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow, 140!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you checked Mears Transport web site? They have a fare calculator and an option to email for a quotation.

http://www.mearstransportation.com/global/orlando/
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you looked at these
    http://www.holidaytaxis.com/transfer...ional-airport/
    They seem quite reasonable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mears dont seem to operate shuttles from SFB but the site Elaine suggested was the sort of thing I was after. Seems ok and has opened up some new flight options. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, 140 return 2 adults 2 children xx

Thread Information