Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Topic: Fast Track Passes

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Fast Track Passes

Hi, All

I will be purchasing a ultimate disney ticket from attraction tickets. They say this ticket includes fast track can anybody tell me how it works. Do you just put your ticket in the machine for the attraction you want a fast track pass for and it will print you out a pass for what time you can go on to the ride.

I thought you had to buy a fast track pass actually in the disney parks didn't no you could get it here. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Katie, and Welcome to the ATD forums!

FastPass is free at all Disney parks (it's included with every Disney park pass). Simply insert your park pass into the FastPass machine and it will give you a slip of paper with a 1-hour return-time window. Return to the attraction during that 1-hour time frame and go through the FastPass queue. Easy!

You can get another FastPass after you use your first one, OR 2 hours after you get a FastPass that has a return time further away than 2 hours (meaning, if you get a FastPass at, say, 10am and your FastPass return time is 6pm, you can get another FastPass at 12pm).

That said, FastPass will be changing at some point in 2014 (not sure when you're going) and will become FastPass+ using Magic Bands. But don't worry about that...there is no date for when FP+ will begin yet.

Is this your first trip to Orlando? Do ask all of your questions!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi and welcome Katieb

Susan has pretty much answered your question, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum.
    Is this your first trip? it's always good to have a trip in the pipeline

Are you doing any other parks on your trip

Please ask away, any questions you have, however silly you think they are, as there is never a silly question and we all love chatting about the place we love best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fast Pass is a great idea and is essential, in my opinion, to a productive trip to the park even during quiet times. As Susan points out you may hold more than one FP at the same time for different rides depending on the times of the FP. Using these cuts queueing time and maximises your day in the park. A tactic that many people use for FP is arrive early for opening, head for the "big" or main attractions. Get a fast pass for one ride, while going to ride another. Usually by the time you have ridden the first ride, your time is close for the FP ride. If not you can go do another attraciton then go back and use your FP. Once your FP is used, or you are within your time window to get a new FP simply repeat - get a FP while you queue and ride something else.
    e.g Magic Kingdom - I always head straight for Splash Mountain and get a Fast Pass, then go and ride Big Thunder Railroad. Once finished there, go back to Splash Mountain. It works best where rides are close to each other but the tactic is viable in any of the parks. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Katie, just wanted to say welcome as the others have answered your question.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thanks

Just want to thank you all for welcoming me to the forum. Yes this is my first trip to Florida going in Dec for 3 wks (staying on i drive) with the family this will be my partners third time going. But he went so long ago when i ask him any question he can't remember anything lol.

We want to try an go to most of the parks if we can also fit in some shopping. I am so excited always wanted to go to disneyland Florida looks magical.

I was a bit confused about the fast pass because in most of the theme parks in this country you have to pay extra for fast passes.

If anyone could give me some tips or any info would be much appreciated.

Thank You Kate x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, that first trip is always magical. Most of the members on here are veterans of Florida trips so we have a vast wealth of knowledge and are a good source for tips.

We probably need a bit more info to help. Where on I-Drive are you staying? Are you having a car? Flying into Orlando or Sanford? How long are you going for? Who's in your party?
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome. You will not have to pay for Disney FP's (but we expect that to be introduced in the not to distant future) but if you go to Universal or SW then they charge for their 'Express Pass' system

It is worth noting the different types with Universal

1/ An Express Pass, that lets you have one 'front of line' option per ride
    2/ An Express Pass PLUS option (only available direct from Universal) which allows unlimited access to the front
    3/ If you stay at one of the 3 (soon to be 4) Universal Hotels, you get the day of arrival (check in at 9am if you want) and the whole of the next day as a Express plus tickets

Worth noting the key 'Forbidden Journey' ride in WWHP is not in any Express Pass system, but if you do stay in hotel, they let you into that part of the park (only) one hour before the rest of the world

4/ They also have some 'special' tours you can go on. Costs a lot plus admission but you get your own guide who walks you past everyone to the front of the queue.

Both here and SeaWorld, its worth checking, depending on when you go, if you need the extra expense as many times of year you do not.

One tip, You cant do everything in the time you have unless you want to half kill yourself 7 major parks, 3 (4) major water parks, plus Bush Gardens and Lego Land. You may want to look at Discovery Cove. The price incudes 14 days at SeaWorld and Aquatic so even if you don't swim with a Dolphin, the whole day relaxing on a beach with complimentary food etc. its a fantastic way to get a break.

I am sure you want more tips etc, give us a hint and we will chip in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh one small tip.

If you want to do Toy Story ride in Disney Studios. Arrive early and go straight to Fast Pass line (don't stop, hesitate or even think!) This ride is very very busy (up to to 4 yes 4 hours some times).

I would say no ride is worth much over 1/ 1.5 hour wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Katieb, that magical first trip

There isn't really much like it, only the second, third, fourth, fifth............................................. ............

I haven't been this time of year, but others have and they may correct me, but I think the first two weeks you are there, is a quite period for the parks, but they will get busier over the weekends.
    I'm going to be cheeky here and post a link to another forum, but if the link works it predicts which parks will be busy on which days
    I would avoid the parks that are listed as having Extra Magic Hours [EMH] as guest staying onsite at Disney only, get to take advantage of these, so traditionally these parks are busier

My advice to you, is to knock off all your must do's the first two weeks when it should be quieter and use the last week to mop things up at a slower pace the last week.
    Also if you want to do any character meals [if you have children] you should really make an Advance Dining Reservation [ADR] which you can do by ringing Disney direct or booking online through the Disney website.

Also Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party [MVMCP] runs through this period.
    This is a hard ticket event [you have to buy separate] in MK and MK will close to non ticket holders at 7pm for the event to take place.
    These events are great fun, with special parades, shows, met and greets and rounded off with a special firework show.
    Just something else to consider

Saying this, i'm firmly in the don't plan too much camp.
    I set a few things [that I have had to pay for in advance for] in stone and the rest, we go with the flow and often our days won't resemble anything like what we set out to do

Thread Information