Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Topic: Hard Rock Cafe

Default Hard Rock Cafe

Just back from Orlando bought hard rock meal deal from Attraction Tickets . What a major dissappointmentd, the staff at cafe were curt and unhelpful, perhaps on seeing meal card and knowing gratuity was included May have had something to do with it. I picked grilled chicken sandwich from the limited menu, what I received was a chicken burger. When I pointed this out to waitress, I received a shrug of the shoulders a roll of the eyes and was told "that is a sandwich". As other contributors have mentioned chef's dessert choice is as usual ice cream. Vanilla or chocolate being the only options. This eventually came consisting of two very small scoops which were half melted. No staff came to ask if everything was ok or ask if we wished coffee or tea or more drinks. We go to Orlando most years this being the first and last time at the hard rock cafe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm, that doesn't sound good, staff who aren't polite often makes for a bad experience.

Have never been in but to be honest it was on our list of dining plans for next May, I have already been put off T Rex at DTD so the list may need looking at again.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi nlbrown, and welcome to the ATD forums! We're glad you've joined us!

Very sorry to hear you had a less-than-ideal meal at Planet Hollywood. Poor service is never acceptable, and it sounds like you needed the attention of a manager. It's important to let your concerns be know while they're occurring so that the manager has the chance to make things right for you. A quick, "May I speak to the manager, please?" should get the right result.

Meal vouchers and coupons are common here, and certainly no excuse for poor service. When I waited tables, knowing the tip was a given never inspired me to give poor service, and the service ethic in Orlando is so high that no server should ever take that attitude. It sounds like management needed to know the server was not in top form (or maybe in the wrong job!).

We've had excellent service at Hard Rock, and we've had slow service there, too. Same with Planet Hollywood. They're so big and so busy that service can be spotty. But that's no excuse for indifference.

There are too many great places to dine in Orlando, so hopefully you're looking forward to somewhere new next time!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum.

We had very good service and a very good meal there about 6 weeks ago so surprised you had less than a great time. As Susan said you really should have said something there and then, but I know this is not something that sits easy with us Brits.

I hope the rest of your holiday was better than this?
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can honestly say i am surprised, when we have been to Hard Rock Cafe i can honestly say it is one of the best meals on the whole holiday. Service has been very good and the food excellent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi NLbrown,

We visited Orlando this summer and having visited a few times we have always gone in Hard Rock Cafe, our first experience back in 2010 was a very positive one we were lucky enough to have a meal one night when all the staff performed Thriller all staff were very attentive etc although we considered the meal pricey for the quality, we would call in many times over our holiday just for drinks and all the staff were great.
    In 2012 on our next visit we had another meal and thought the service was poor when our meal came we had finished our drinks and although we had the promise of "be right back with more drinks" from the server we didn't get them until our meal was nearly finished at which point he droned on about how many hours he'd worked and that it was a busy summer. When we visited this year we decided not to have a meal but did go in a couple of times for drinks we also had other family members with us and many of the staff at the bar we remembered from previous years and their "attitude" to customers has certainly changed even ones who had been polite and friendly in the past looked like they were having a "bad day" the only customers they "came alive" for were young girls and groups of young men with the obvious intention of keeping them in the bar for longer, we did call in a couple of times to see if it was a one off but on our 2nd visit when we went in the server asked if we were ordering all together which we said no seperate he then served us our drinks, looked directly at the couple we were with then walked off around the oposite end of the bar to serve a row of people, when we finally caught his eye and asked him to serve the people we were with he said "oh right I thought they didn't want anything" by this time we had finished our drinks and without asking he automatically poured us more drinks too (alcoholic ones not non-alcoholic refills !!!!) needless to say he didn't receive a tip and on leaving he was wiping the bar in front of us and didn't even acknowledge us leaving, we won't be visiting on our next trip, I'm not sure if they are unhappy with the management or their ego's have got the better of them because of the place they work in, you decide !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone been to Hard Rock Cafe Orlando recently?

Just wondering if they have changed their menu as my favourite favourite starter, Tupelo Chicken Tenders, is no longer on the menu at a number of restaurants. The brand new one in Piccadilly London has just opened and like the one we went to in Barcelona recently, you can't have it as a starter but it is there as a main course. However, the original one in London on Park Lane, the one in Madrid we were in 8 weeks ago and the one in Reykjavic we went to last winter don't have them there at all, not as a starter or a main course.

Just don't fancy my Tupelo Chicken tenders as a main course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry can't help with this SS.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nlbrown View Post
    Just back from Orlando bought hard rock meal deal from Attraction Tickets . What a major dissappointmentd, the staff at cafe were curt and unhelpful, perhaps on seeing meal card and knowing gratuity was included May have had something to do with it. I picked grilled chicken sandwich from the limited menu, what I received was a chicken burger. When I pointed this out to waitress, I received a shrug of the shoulders a roll of the eyes and was told "that is a sandwich". As other contributors have mentioned chef's dessert choice is as usual ice cream. Vanilla or chocolate being the only options. This eventually came consisting of two very small scoops which were half melted. No staff came to ask if everything was ok or ask if we wished coffee or tea or more drinks. We go to Orlando most years this being the first and last time at the hard rock cafe.
    Really sorry to hear this, nlbrown. Not what you expect from a major brand, at all. As others have said, their experience at Hard Rock can vary, but it definitely shouldn't have been this shoddy. Hopefully you had much better meals elsewhere.

Thread Information