Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Topic: Shopping on arrival at MCO?

Default Shopping on arrival at MCO?

It's been a long while since I last posted but I have been lurking and I'm an avid reader of everyone else's posts.

We are flying into Orlando Airport from Manchester on Boxing Day. yay! However it's a later flight than normal and we don't arrive until about 5pm. After queuing at immigration and collecting an expensive car (more on that in a separate post) we'll be driving straight to Anna Maria Island for 10 days before heading back to Orlando for the second half of the holiday.

Is there anywhere in the airport arrivals side where we can pick up a few bits for our first night / next morning? Probably nothing much more than a sandwich, bottles of water, fruit, stuff to make a brew with, some cereal or bread and maybe even a couple of beers for when we finally arrive in AMI. It was 2011 when we were last in Orlando and I just can't remember. I'm thinking that by the time we actually make it to the Island it may be too late to pick up anything there.

We're flying with Virgin Atlantic if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think that there is any where in the airport that sells that type of provisions.

As a suggestion, leave the airport on the Southern Connector road to the 417. Head west and join the I4. Pull off at Exit 58 (Championsgate) and there is a Publix, from which you can get all you need, and it is never very busy so it should be a quick pit stop. Head back to the I4, a few hundred yards, and head south (or is that west?) to Anna Maria.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

That's a great suggestion.

Thanks very much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would second the suggestion about pulling off and using Publix. The only place you will find at MCO is probably the fast food places and magazine shops that will probably just have bottled water and snacks so the Publix would be an excellent stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiradorVic View Post
    That's a great suggestion.

Thanks very much
    We like Publix and have used the one at Championsgate quite a lot earlier this month. Loads of fresh goods, great choice of beer and they have a deli where they make fresh subs up which may be an idea for something to eat in case the restaurants on Anna Maria are shut.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Friend View Post
    We like Publix and have used the one at Championsgate quite a lot earlier this month. Loads of fresh goods, great choice of beer and they have a deli where they make fresh subs up which may be an idea for something to eat in case the restaurants on Anna Maria are shut.

It's the first thing we do when we arrive, drive to the Publix down by Premium Outlets and stock up with stuff for the week, it's almost a pleasure to shop in a Publix store ................... now if only i could say the same about Tesco

Ha! Tesco. I quite agree. Publix is soooo much nicer, although I've only been to the one on AMI. Thanks for the suggestions. I think we'll be giving it a go.

Thread Information