Thanks Thanks:  59
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Topic: New Member, need help planning!

Cool New Member, need help planning!

Hi everyone sorry if I've wrote this in the wrong place as I am just a new member joined today I feel i could use all the help I can try get at the moment as we are off to florida for the first time in two months time for three weeks and I haven't got anything worked out yet. We did buy re Orlando book which is fab but so so much to read my heads gonna blow lol I thought joining this forum could help me alot I just need to find out things about my tickets we have bought the Orlando flexible plus I'm sure it's only 14 days worth but when booking the lady said that's still fine to use as we can split them. I don't know what's what though and would like to write a list of the separate parks so I can write down a plan lol thanks in advance xxxx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi and welcome to the forums...there is a wealth of info on here!
    Three weeks is good as you won't feel the need to cram so much in. A tip, take some rest days in between to avoid burnout...
    Where are you staying and do you have a car?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi mummyof3, and Welcome to the ATD forums! We're so glad you've joined us!

The Orlando Flex Ticket Plus will be delivered to you as 2 or possibly 3 tickets (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure; SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/Aquatica; and Wet n Wild). Each of those tickets is valid for 14 days after first use. So, for example, if you activate your SeaWorld/Busch/Aquatica ticket and use just that one for 5 days, then activate your Wet n Wild ticket and use that and your SW/BG/Aq ticket for another few days, then activate your Universal ticket, it'll cover 3 full weeks, even when your SW/BG/Aq ticket runs out.

Are you visiting Disney at all? You'll need tickets for those parks too, and in that case you won't have any problem at all covering 3 weeks.

Please do ask all of your questions! We're always thrilled to help new members have a magical holiday!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi, did my welcome on the other thread so just adding it here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome as well. I spent ten minutes writing a detailed response and then my iPad ran out of power and closed. Fortunately Susan has replied in a much clearer method than I did.

Have you linked your tickets to mydisney?

Can we advise on anything else? Accomodation? Places to eat etc just ask away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi welcome to the forum .... You have indeed come to the right place
    Am I right in thinking the flex ticket doesn't include Disney ? Just my opinion but I would try and budget to do at least a couple of the Disney parks. We had been to Disneyland Paris several times before our first Florida trip so we made the decision to just do the other parks. The minute we got home I realised that I really regretted not doing any Disney ... Although it was a great reason to plan our second trip I would always suggest doing at least a little Disney
    My other advice would be not to try and do a park everyday .... Florida is really humid and although there are some people who manage to do loads as a family we found it quite tiring and now plan at least one rest day a week
    If you think of any specific questions .... Ask away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum, mommyof3, and do take a big, deep breath with all your Orlando planning! There IS a lot in store, but it's easy to digest if you take it step by step and don't try to look at the big picture, just manageable chunks at a time.

The first thing to do is establish EXACTLY what type of ticket you have and what parks it covers. As Susan says, you WILL be able to cover 3 weeks if it is more than one ticket, but the terms and conditions can be a bit mystifying to start with, so just take it step by step, ask plenty of questions as you go, and it will all work out just fine!

Hi catlady and thankyou x

We are very excited as been saving for quite some time so just want it to be perfect lol, we are staying in the coco keys on international drive, we chose there as my husband didnt fancy driving so tried to book somewhere not to far away x

Thankyou simon veness

Im trying to stay calm and just go with the flow but recently been getting nervous with people saying i neef to organise what days going where what rides to book etc etc its stressful lol yeah im going to write down as much notes as i can to take with us which will hopefully help . We bought the flexi plus tickets which include everything even legoland i just dont understand what the lady meant as she said 14 days is enough just split them but i read u only have 14 days from the day u attend a park so imna little confused but ill get there lol xx

Oh wow sorry everyone just noticed others have kindly welcome me thanku everyone i really appreciate it and all your help thanks x

Thread Information