Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: NYC Hotels (Shh...its a secret!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Think i'll have to take a gamble and wait on the Wicked tickets. Can't risk buying tickets then not getting on a flight.

Rachwalsh is offline Used The "We Booked Again" Salve To Ease Pain Of Return From Orlando!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

nothing beats a broadway show! One place you may like is the Ellen Stardust Diner - we love it and make sure we always go for a breakfast there. Basically it is an american diner just north of times square and all the waiters and waitresses are broadway hopefuls and as well as serving you they entertain the restaurant with songs. It is really good fun - we went this year for my birthday breakfast and DS loved it when they sang Happy Birthday to all those with a birthday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rach, that sounds fantastic. I'll certainly put it on the list of places to visit.

Rachwalsh is offline Used The "We Booked Again" Salve To Ease Pain Of Return From Orlando!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

http://www.ellensstardustdiner.com

another favourite of mine to eat or just get a drink is the Boathouse restaurant in central park - the scene of quite a few movies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rachwalsh View Post
    One place you may like is the Ellen Stardust Diner - we love it and make sure we always go for a breakfast there. Basically it is an american diner just north of times square and all the waiters and waitresses are broadway hopefuls and as well as serving you they entertain the restaurant with songs. It is really good fun - we went this year for my birthday breakfast and DS loved it when they sang Happy Birthday to all those with a birthday!
    I was absolutely blown away by that Diner when I was in NY in 2014. I passed it every day walking from my hotel and popped in several times as it was so amazingly entertaining! The wait staff were all incredibly talented and their ability to belt out the great show tunes was quite stunning at times. I could have sat in there for hours!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

we love it - from outside it doesn't look much but there is great talent in there and we really enjoyed the food too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rachwalsh, that diner was the only part of Simon's trip that made me sorry I hadn't gone along. Your comments support everything he was telling me each night when we spoke and he'd been there.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information