Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Tampa Airport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tampa Airport

We will be flying in and out of Tampa Airport next trip and I was wondering if the I4 is well signposted from the Airport?
    I have looked at my trusty maps and it all seems pretty straightforward, but this isn't always the case as it doesn't show one way roads etc.

As we are flying CW, we will make use of the lounge on return, but do they have a duty free and is security the nightmare it is at MCO?

Am I right in thinking that you flew into Tampa Superspur?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We flew into Tampa about 10 years ago and from what I remember it was clearly marked. Also when we drove to Clearwater Beach (and back) a couple of years ago the road runs past the airport and the route to I4 was clearly marked.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We did but we flew in in a thunderstorm

I found the car hire very confusing. We came through in to arrivals and went across the road to Hertz and filled out all the paperwork. He then told us to go back across the road, up the escalator then turn back on ourselves and get the lift. What he should have said was go across the road, up the escalator then go straight on and get the lift down. We were actually walking around for ages as the directions and sign posting were poor.

Once we had the car it was an easy trip down to Clearwater beach even though it really was a big thunderstorm and we couldn't see a thing. We have come down the I4 a few times from Orlando going to Clearwater and the turn off for Tampa airport is easy and straight foreward. If you are worried do what i have done loads of times. Go on Google maps and drive the bit where it switches from the I4 to the 275 i think it is.

We basically head to Clearwater from Orlando and Tampa Airport is a turn off of that road
    Last edited by Superspur; 30-01-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The important thing exiting Tampa Airport is to look for signs first for I-275 North, which takes you to I-4. I can't remember if there are initially signs to Orlando, but 275 leads directly to 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys, that is good to know

Thread Information