Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: 2017

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is something I have never tried but have heard a lot about it and it really has a lot of appeal. Great if you like the laid-back, unstructured approach (with lots of good local food and wine!). In summary - what's not to like?!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow how organised are you! Having just come off our cruise and still wishing we were there, i too am well jell! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time. As regards to the box of wine, if you had it on board the ship it would be stopping you from spending more money! Looking forward to hearing more about both your trips. We are getting to the stage where it will be just DH and I very soon, DD turns 16 this year So we want to do different holidays.

Rachwalsh is offline Used The "We Booked Again" Salve To Ease Pain Of Return From Orlando!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ooh so exciting! I am very jealous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    This is something I have never tried but have heard a lot about it and it really has a lot of appeal. Great if you like the laid-back, unstructured approach (with lots of good local food and wine!). In summary - what's not to like?!
    Simon, are you referring to the Freedom Dining or the Gulet Cruise? If it is the dining, I am reliably informed that the only difference is that we don't get a set dining time. Dress code and meals are exactly the same as in the timed sittings restaurant. With regards to the Gulet Cruise, if you are happy to sit back, relax, swim/kayak/snorkel/fish/read/appreciate the scenery and wildlife, whilst having good fresh meals, this is the trip for you. Downside, there is no dancing girls, raucous noise, loud muzik or animation team urging you to join in. You may get a game of scrabble/cards/jenga [which is fun on a rocking boat!!] as your evening entertainment, or just a friendly discussion over a few drinks before retiring as all this fresh air is tiring
    Last edited by sex kitten; 09-04-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    As regards to the box of wine, if you had it on board the ship it would be stopping you from spending more money! Looking forward to hearing more about both your trips. We are getting to the stage where it will be just DH and I very soon, DD turns 16 this year So we want to do different holidays.
    But that is the funny, I have it on good authority that we can take our own alcohol aboard

I love my holidays with kids/family/friends, but I also enjoy the times we just go as a twosome.
    I have been eyeing up a trip on a traditional schooner that sails in your part of the world One day we may get there. *sigh*
    Last edited by sex kitten; 09-04-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Downside, there is no dancing girls, raucous noise, loud muzik or animation team urging you to join in. You may get a game of scrabble/cards/jenga [which is fun on a rocking boat!!] as your evening entertainment, or just a friendly discussion over a few drinks before retiring as all this fresh air is tiring
    Downside? I'd say that's the up side! Exactly the sort of cruise we need (and love).

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    Downside? I'd say that's the up side! Exactly the sort of cruise we need (and love).
    It is just sheer bliss. To be rocked gently to sleep, the odd bleat of a goat on the land, often your senses are assailed by the scents of the herbs on the breeze...............need I go on. Can you tell I love it
    Last edited by sex kitten; 09-04-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's okay if you DO decide to go on. And on. And on. From the first time you wrote about it here I was hooked on the idea.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your plans sound great. I will be interested to hear what you will make of the freedom dining. We tried this kind of arrangement once and it really was not for us. When we booked our upcoming cruise, this was all that was on offer and I was a little nervous booking the cruise because of it. Fortunately about a month later, the option for what they call Dynamic Dining Classic on our ship (fixed dinner time at the same table with the same table mates and serving team, but rotating through 4 restaurants) came up and breathed a quiet sigh of relief.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *** kitten View Post
    Simon, are you referring to the Freedom Dining or the Gulet Cruise? If it is the dining, I am reliably informed that the only difference is that we don't get a set dining time. Dress code and meals are exactly the same as in the timed sittings restaurant. With regards to the Gulet Cruise, if you are happy to sit back, relax, swim/kayak/snorkel/fish/read/appreciate the scenery and wildlife, whilst having good fresh meals, this is the trip for you. Downside, there is no dancing girls, raucous noise, loud muzik or animation team urging you to join in. You may get a game of scrabble/cards/jenga [which is fun on a rocking boat!!] as your evening entertainment, or just a friendly discussion over a few drinks before retiring as all this fresh air is tiring
    Yes, it was the Gulet cruise. Immensely appealing (as Susan confirms!). I think we'd sign up for this in a heartbeat if it was a bit closer!!

Thread Information