1998/2000 - Turkey
    2005 - Tunisia
    2008 - Dominican Republic
    2011 - Jamaica
    2015 - Quality Inn International Orlando/Tenerife
    2016 - Tenerife/Malta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's hope the Daily Heil don't run a report on the behaviour of guests at Thorpe Park or Alton Towers.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is an issue the world over.

We see it all the time in zoos..
    I watched children playing in an off limits area on Sunday. The parents joked about the plants they wrecked.

Seen people damaging brand new theming on the day the area opened... On a member exclusive day!
    Have seen parents encouraging their children to urinate in gardens, changing nappies on the car parks and then leaving soiled nappies on the floor (bins are provided)
    Have seen a someone climb in to a small animal enclosure, someone cross a big cat standoff barrier to retrieve clothing.
    Have advised a photographer that crossing a standoff to 'take better photos' of a lion is a bad idea and got a mouthful for our efforts.
    Been pushed out the way of windows, fallen over prams placed behind me while I was viewing an animal, watched people rap their jewelry against windows to wake sleeping animals, feed animals from cars in safari parks, climb out of cars mere yards from a mother and calf southern white rhino.... I could go on.

Fortunately it's a minority of people that ruin it for the rest of us.
    [QII - Sept/Oct 2010], [QII - Sept/Oct 2012], [RII - Sept/Oct 2013]
    [RI Pointe - Sept/Oct 2015], [Villa - June 2016], [RII - May 2017], [POR - May 2018]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This was a problem they knew was coming. Apparently it's socially acceptable to urinate in public, and queuing isn't really a thing there.

But I agree, it happens everywhere. We saw people behaving in ways in Yellowstone that we fully expected would result in a dead body.

Defacing property certainly happens here, and as we were going through the queue at Reign of Kong on Tuesday I noticed many of the live plants in the queue were already being picked apart. You wonder what people's homes look like if they'll so readily trash someone else's property.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do appologise for seemingly to have dumped this story here and then disappeared. Work and internet problems intervened.

My take on this is that it is probably a snapshot of a small minority of people, and that the same could be seen in other attractions all over the world. I have seen many parents in the UK in layby's and car parks helping their young kids to relieve themselves in the grass etc. And as for pushing ahead rather than queing.. take a trip to London, and this is quite common. It's so easy for people to show the negative side of things, but just looking at the pictures/video's and experiences of the members here, just shows the happy and fantastic times that are had in Disney properties, and all the other fun places .

Jonathan
    1992/1996/2002/2004/2007/2013 - Quality Inn International Orlando
    1996 Bahamas
    1997 - Cuba
    1993/2001/2003/2006/2009 - Egypt
    1995 - Malta
    1998/2000 - Turkey
    2005 - Tunisia
    2008 - Dominican Republic
    2011 - Jamaica
    2015 - Quality Inn International Orlando/Tenerife
    2016 - Tenerife/Malta