Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: AA flight home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post AA flight home

Hi Guys
    Well we're home now and flatter than a IHOP pancake

Our flights have changed flight No or flight time three times since we booked in February our flight home from Chicago was going to be a 787 Dreamliner and we had our seats booked 4 in a row..
    When we checked in at MCO for both flights our boarding passes had a 2+2 on the Chicago- Manchester flight, it was a 767 cattle class it was awful no seatback TV's only ones in the roof you could barely see, the food inedible.....
    We went on a Airbus 330-200 like a Bentley
    Come home in a Lada...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, AA use older aircraft on non-prestige routes from the UK - i.e mostly anything which isn't to or from LHR. They use old B752's on many of their New York routes from the UK and as you say B762/3's on others.
    Very disappointing for you when you thought it may be a 787 home and ended up in a 20 year old airframe. Bait and Switch as they say.
    The A332 was probably ex US-Airways fleet. AA claim to have the lowest average age of many airlines in the world but a massive proportion of these aircraft don't fly to the UK. They even cut their LHR services from new B77W's to older B772's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How disappointing for you and a miserable end to what sounds like a great holiday.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have to smile at the Bentley-to-Lada comparison, but it's obviously a big disappointment to get treated like that. Hopefully the fact you had such a good trip helped to paper over the flight deficiencies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like an awful way to end the worst day of the holiday.

I hope you managed to get some sleep at least?
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What a shame they changed the aircraft, I know they are allowed to do this but still in my opinion wrong and disappointing for you.
    Hope the jet lag isn't too bad and you can maybe think about planning another trip sometime to cheer you up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not nice. This is the second time recently that I have heard of this. I would complain a bit and do as your doing, let everyone know. I know their is another thread about you pays your money you get your choice. I agree that you pay money for different levels of service and as DM says this was really a bait and switch rather than a straight good value but no frills. At the end of the day the US carriers are just racking up the embarrassment and you get one chance at this and then we switch back to the slightly more but expensive alternatives. Always worth a letter, indeed two or three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I for one book flight on the basis of the scheduled aircraft. Now, working in the industry I can understand when aircraft switches become necessary but as a consumer and traveller I will choose a 747 over a 772 for example, or a 787 over just about anything. That is mostly the AvGeek in me but also becuase I know the benifits of aircraft like the Dreamliner. AA and many legacy carriers are a joke these days. It is truly sad to see what they are becoming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shame about the flight, it's a shame when you e had a great holiday to have it end with a bad flight

Have you decided when you're going back yet ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RE going back last time went was 2008 so I'm looking at 2022 and a new visa!!

Thread Information