Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: Feeling a little worried

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Feeling a little worried

Hi just after a bit of advice/reassurance we paid for our tickets with ATD early last week I received an email on friday whilst we were away on a break stating that tickets had been despatched, we've returned home today and checked post but no tickets received, so I have rang and spoke to a lady this evening and records show that the currier 'apparently' delivered the tickets to our address on saturday morning!!! he has provided a photograph of our front door as proof, ATD are contacting the currier provider to request a further investigation but we are worried sick now, where does this leave us regarding our tickets, will they be re-issued, I can provide proof that we have been away and there was no-one else staying at our home so how can he state they have been delivered feel like it could our word agains the curriers :-(!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rest assured this isn't the first time a ticket broker has had to deal with this situation. So while it feels awful right now, there is a process for getting to the bottom of it and it sounds like ATD is taking those steps. They are VERY good about assisting when things go wrong, so while I can't tell you not to worry (I can, but you still will ), let them investigate and see what they can discover.

We can certainly reassure you here (someone on here may even have had this experience), but you can also speak to someone at ATD again and ask what the process involves. Their phone operators are terrific.

There are ID numbers on the back of each ticket, which means they can be tracked if/when they are used. I know Disney can cancel them. You may want to ask ATD if this is an option for them (I don't know the answer to that). But one way or another, they'll know what to do once they discover--or can surmise--what has happened.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks we have used ATD several times and they have always been great never experienced anything like this before i appreciate the issue is with currier not them or us just hoping it can get sorted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TBH I don't know why couriers leave stuff on the step, even if they do take a photo! If you don't answer the door there is a good chance that you're not in! Why don't they try a neighbour or take it away and redeliver when you will be in!

Hope you get this sorted and I'm sure ATD will do everything to help you.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny thing is we have a free underwater camera too so very unlikely it would have fit through letterbox, we have lovely neighbours who would have taken it in if asked but no card posted stating delivery with neighbour also on other side of us house has been empty for several months so IF it has been posted there we have no way of getting them its all if's & but's until tomorrow i suppose :-)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely don't lose any sleep. We still have their free underwater camera from last time we booked something, you are welcome to that :-).
    Couriers are the most useless people you can imagine so ATD will deal with this most days of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a question. Don't you HAVE to sign for the tickets? I'm pretty sure that we have always had to sign for the package but not 100% certain.

However, couriers often don't want a load of hassel of taking things back and paperwork so often do their own sqiggle and stick the package through the door. I would definatekly not worry about this. ATD are a 100% company and will sort this out for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats what i said on the phone and have always had to sign for them in the past i think this is what they are now investigating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You used to with ATD but last couple of times my tickets were posted through door. You definitely used to have to sign but I guess this was a problem as we are never in when you have to sign and depot is 20 plus miles away so needed them to deliver to work.
    As others have said their is a number/code so the ticket can be cancelled. This would mean that when anyone tries to use them the green spinning light will not spin and it will flag as stolen. Someone might be spending a night in Mickey's jail or tied to a boat in Small World for six hours.
    I would be worried but I believe this issue is solvable. I think I would call to say what happens if they don't turn up just to reassure you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive just rang for an update but no news yet they have chased the currier again for more information and until they respond we are in limbo

Thread Information