Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Costa Rica

Default Costa Rica

Going to Costa Rica for a week, staying in san jose.

don't want to go too far, anyone recommend day trips.. what their is to do in san jose!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the ATD forums, samhen1!

Tell us what sorts of things you enjoy. Outdoor activities? Thrills? Nature tours? Museums? Cultural sites? That will help narrow down the choices.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum, but sorry can't help with Costa Rica.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We looked in to Costa Rica for our next trip but decided to avoid due to the risk of Zika spreading in South America. A simple Google search provided lots of good info. As did British Airways' website as they have started flying there so they have a mini destination guide. One thing I took from most of the things I read was due to the altitude, sea level residing people like us from the UK often feel out of breath easily, dehydrate easily and are susceptible to headaches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We were at sea level during our Costa Rica visit, so no problems with altitude. San Jose is just under 4000ft, so you may feel it a little bit, but probably not a lot. We were just in Yellowstone last year at an altitude of 8000ft, and really only noticed it at night. I wouldn't run a marathon there, but normal touring didn't bother us. I'm not sure why, but we both definitely noticed being just slightly short of breath when we were laying down. That said, when I went to Yellowstone in my thirties I didn't notice it at all. I lived in Michigan then at around 500ft, and Florida now, which is dead flat.

One thing you probably will notice is the heat and humidity. Not sure when you're going, but wow...can it ever get sweltering (we were there Feb/March).

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Never been I'm afraid but would like to add my welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum. We have been to Punta Arenas and the highlight of the trip was a visit to Manuel Antonio National Park. We saw all kinds of wildlife in the rainforest there and they also have a beautiful beach with more wildlife. It is either a 3 hour drive from San Jose or a 20 minute flight to Quepos, which is about 7 miles from Manuel Antonio.

Corinna

Thread Information