Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: To print or not to print? That is the question.

Default To print or not to print? That is the question.

We're making a mass family trip to Florida. To ensure we have all the paperwork I've completed all the ESTA's for everyone using the "group" facility.

They have all been approved but my question is, do I just print out the "facing sheet" which has all the details I think are needed or do I need to print out all of the completed question sheets?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I print the first sheet showing the authorisation codes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just the first sheet with all the codes. I've never been asked for it, but for the cost of a sheet of paper why not print it?
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As there are only two of us I print both the confirmations, but the group sheet will be fine.

TBH I have never been asked for any paperwork since the ESTA system was introduced.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd echo the above, print the page with the confirmation numbers. I am a "print everything" person when going on holiday. I print everything from vouchers, ticket numbers, flight confirmation, insurance details etc etc.
    I throw away as they become obsolete.
    I see passengers on a daily basis with problems with their airline tickets. Most of them have print outs of ticket numbers which saves them. The ones who don't means we can't then find their booking, even if it is genuine.
    Always print anything you think you may even remotely need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I now print the whole confirmation page, but again, there is only the two of us. I have never been asked for the printout at the airport, but I once was nearly refused boarding on a cruise because I did not have the printout and that was a cruise from a US port to another US port. Once bitten, twice shy.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just print the bit with the authorisation on it ... there's something safe feeling about having everything on something you can actually hold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The very first visit after they introduced the ESTA, BA had a problem checking me in as it was showing that I didn't need an ESTA, which mean't as far as they were concerned, I needed a visa.
    After lots of whispered conversations over the back, I was asked, had I got and ESTA. Yes was the reply, but it was in the car [twilight check-in]
    I was asked to present it before going through security in the morning, which I duly did, but in the meantime, I had remembered that way back when you had to get a proper visa to visit, I had one that was indefinite, so we think that could have caused the hiccup, but I was so pleased that I had printed them off, so yes, print them off

Thanks everyone. I have already printed out the "front sheet" as I call it. I much prefer holding a piece of paper in my hand but wasn't sure how much to print.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sensible NDGLB03, I concur with all the others. Yu don't need to but it feels better to be able to show it if a computer goes down. Its often a comfort for the airline who are simply scared of being fined 10K plus for brining in a person who is not eligible to enter the country.

Thread Information