Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Donald Trump bans Brits from the White House

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Donald Trump bans Brits from the White House

So said the headline i read while away on hols last week.

Been away sunning myself in the canaries for the past week and the headline i saw stated "Trump bans Brits from the White House"

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a7617301.html

It was dissapointing as i had done some research and was really looking forward to maybe getting on a tour but the confusing thing was that the British Embassey was quoted as saying all tours are on hold and they are not processing any applications. Trouble is, they haven't processed applications for tours in years and looking in to it i had found that if you wanted to get on a tour you needed to first contact the office of a congresswoman which i did and got a lovely reply back last year.

Thank you for contacting the Office of Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton. We would be happy to schedule a White House tour for you. In order to submit a request, please follow this link https://norton.house.gov/ to the official website of Congresswoman Norton. The tour request form can be found by clicking the ‘Constituent Services’ tab, and then clicking on ‘Tour D.C.’

Remember that requests for tours should be submitted 3 to 4 months before the requested date. You may submit multiple dates, however we will only submit up to three days based on the availability of the tours. Please keep in mind there are no tours on Sundays and Mondays.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Signature

Eleanor Holmes Norton
    Member of Congress

I still intend to apply and see if i am lucky but does anyone have input in to this or any other info that might be helpful? I still have 2 holidays to fit in before the big one at the end of August so the focus won't be totally on America until mid May but really starting to try and think about all the tickets and stuff we need to do before we head off.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suspect story is usual press garbage, a number of embassies are not arranging tours of the White House for their citizens anymore, the Australian embassy sight cost as the reason. Be interesting to see how you get on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ummm..not quite. Yes, you have to contact your Embassy. No, they were not given an advisory saying Brits can't tour the White House.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/03/09/whi...ish-nationals/

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did a search about 6 months ago Susan and the places i went on said the British Embassy was a waste of time but people from the UK had got on tours going through the route i went through. When i contacted the embassy about 7 months ago i was told then they weren't arranging any tours.

It is a srange one but we'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The tours were not running for a while, but they were reinstated. That may be why the embassy wasn't processing them. But good luck! In spite of the current political climate, the White House and Congress are well worth touring.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bit late to this one. The ban? On non US citizens was in places ages before a Trump even knew what the White House was. Embassy's don't wish to have the burden of becoming tour reps for the US so it's just drifted into a everyone blames each other. Route is as mentioned but they may still say no as you may need to be a constituent or similar? I was almost lucky enough to have a couple of Capital hill private tours organised through a contact until we found out we were visiting during the republican convention and people with the keys were attending the showdown!

Thread Information