Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Villa Communities Advice

Rachwalsh is offline Used The "We Booked Again" Salve To Ease Pain Of Return From Orlando!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Villa Communities Advice

For the last 2 trips we have stayed in a villa in Windsor Hills but unfortunately the Villa isn't available for our trip in August and we are still searching for accommodation.

I wondered if anyone can help with other locations? I like Windsor Hills as it is well located for the parks and I like the gated community as it makes me feel safe and has more to offer on site. Are there are other gated communities in a similar location/distance from Disney parks that anyone can recommend?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi Rachwalsh, I'm afraid any villas we have stayed haven't been on a gated community but it hasn't worried us. We generally stay on the 27 and I guess that is further from Disney but we know a quicker route to the I4 rather than use the 192. We also don't do as many parks these days as been coming out here since 1993.
    There are some nice villas on Formosa Gardens (we stayed there in 2002) and we had a drive around there last year to see what has changed. They aren't too far from Disney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The subject of villas is always a bit emotive as it very much depends on our personal requirements.

Our first stay in a villa was at Southern Dunes, great villa on a gated community, but such a long way out! Subsequently we stayed a number of years on Indian Ridge (which is not gated). Since then we have stayed mainly along the Ronald Reagan Parkway. We particularly like West Haven which has a number of gated communities including the Sanctuary, Shire, Abbey, etc. The villas are modern and well appointed, the area is quiet and is well located via Championsgate, I4 and World Drive to Disney. I've made West Haven to MK car park in 15 minutes. We've also stayed in Ashley Manor ( not gated) and Loma Linda (not gated).

On gated communities I'm not convinced they are any safer than not gated. If you take time to watch the number of people who are not resident that get through the gates goes on and on.

For the last three or fours years we've booked through HomeAway, which has a great search engine.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Rachwalsh is offline Used The "We Booked Again" Salve To Ease Pain Of Return From Orlando!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

thank you so much to you both. I think i am apprehensive as I have always either stayed in a hotel or a villa in a gated community but I feel more reassured that you both feel safe in non gated communities. We did find one on Indian Ridge was that area ok?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Indian Ridge is a very good location, access to the 192 via Old Lake Wilson Road or via Sand Hill Road and Formosa Gardens (past the Outback!!!). The 192 obviously gives access to Sherberth Road to the Osceola Parkway and World Drive. The villas there are a bit older as this was one of the first villa rental communities, but many are well appointed.

TBH gated or not is very low down our 'needs' list after pool, covered lanai, safe, standard of decoration/furniture, overlooked or not etc.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm just chiming in to agree with TF that a gated community isn't necessarily a big bonus, UNLESS it's gated with an attendant. We live in a gated community, and while it does stop most non-residents from coming in, there are specific restrictions in place that make keeping people out possible. Before those were put in place it was super easy to get past the gated barrier if you knew how.

So your gated villa community has to have those requirements in place too. If they don't, pretty much anyone can get in anyway.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you're looking for the extra community facilities of somewhere like Windsor Hills, you can also look at Windsor Palms, Regal Palms and Regal Oaks, as well as the new Magic Village Resort, which we like a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

thank you very much everyone I will have a look at those places too Simon. Windsor Hills is manned and I just expected all gated communities to be manned but obviously not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Magic Village Resort looks gorgeous - probably not right for the next trip but definitely one to consider for the future when we don't have little people running around!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Windsor Palms, just up the road from Windsor Hills. A little older, but lovey homes ;) I know, I used to own one! There is a huge communal pool, a lovely kiddie pool, hot tub, gym, cinema, and now a tikka bar.
    Have a wonderful time, where ever you choose
    I'm a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling!

Thread Information