Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Monorail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The lines waiting to use the resort boats outside Magic Kingdom yesterday were shocking. And that was early afternoon.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I expect its starting to feel its age and Disney cannot update it and pay its chief executives a living wage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be interesting to know what capacity MK and the ferry boat/monorail where designed for, cos I bet that was busted a long time ago!
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas, No que cualquier otro bicho pueda caber en él
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Creo que la traducción salió mal, Seth.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just thinking about this a little more, especially as Magic Kingdom is our favourite park, and I also realise it's a radical change but just wondering if Disney would ever consider a change to the transportation side of things at this park?
    Having car parking closer to the park entrance - if feasible.

I know there is something special about travelling across the lake, especially by boat, but it's clear on our recent holiday the transportation system just cannot cope in 'ferrying' (sorry couldn't resist!) the guests to the park by either ferry or monorail.
    I am not naive it can obviously be pretty busy at the TTC even at quieter times of the year, if it's that bad in May what will it be like at peak times in the summer?

Surely the main consideration needs to be getting the guests as quickly to the attractions as possible so they can enjoy their day there. In high temperatures nobody want's to be standing around for ages waiting.

The Ferry is a nice way to travel across the lake but it can also be time consuming and the monorail just doesn't seem to be reliable.

MK is a wonderful place but we just found the park just too far away from our car, even taking into account parking in the disabled area, it took the gloss off visiting this park on our recent holiday.
    It's never been something I have noticed being so bad on our many other holidays and MK visits, the transportation in the past has always been part of the day's experience in a way but we found it a real pain this time around.
    Last edited by Johnny Sharp; 14-06-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The size of the area needed for the car parks, it just wouldn't be possible to have it anywhere else. I don't actually think it works too bad, taking the trolley in the car park is part of the fun and just another ride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superspur View Post
    The size of the area needed for the car parks, it just wouldn't be possible to have it anywhere else. I don't actually think it works too bad, taking the trolley in the car park is part of the fun and just another ride

True about the size, I just don't think it's that great being stuck at the TTC for an hour unable to get to the park you can see there in the distance.
    Joshua was falling asleep by the time we got to the gate after we were stuck on a broken train and breakdowns seem to be a regular thing.

I guess overall it just cannot cope with the sheer number of people.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The transportation is the same as when we first went in 1993 and the numbers visiting have increased considerably since then so I think maybe a rethink of how to get people over to Magic Kingdom is in order, if at all possible. Obviously still keep what is there as well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is always another way. You could drive to one of the other parks and get the bus over, that stiops right outside Magic Kingdom entrance. We've done that before, because we were finishing at Hollywwod studios we drove there at 8:15 then caught the bus round to Magic Kingdom.

Thread Information