Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Clarion Inn LBV

Cool Clarion Inn LBV

Hi all,
    It's been a very long time since I last posted. Good to see so many familiar names.

We're looking into the possibility of a hastily arranged trip back to Orlando in June. Thomson's currently have the Clarion Inn @ LBV listed on their website at a very respectable price.

Just wondering whether anyone has experience of this hotel. It looks nice enough to me as a base, and the hotel's website mentions that it was refurbished last year.

Any information would be great.

Cheers all.
    Scooter

Last edited by Scooter; 15-04-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to see you again, Scooter!

We just reviewed this hotel for Telegraph Travel, but it's not online yet. It's a Rosen property, and it's a Disney Good Neighbor hotel so it's clean and has lots of conveniences. This one is on Palm Parkway, which means it's walkable to Disney property, but only just (it's about 2 miles to Disney Springs). There are lots of restaurants within a mile or so, and there's a Wal-Mart up the street (not really walkable).

The hotel does a breakfast and dinner buffet, it's got 2 pools (a big family pool and a smaller 'quiet' pool; ask for buildings 1000 or 2000 if you want to be near the quiet pool, or 3000 if you want to be near the family pool). Rooms are actually quite nice for a budget property, and they include a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee/tea maker and a laptop sized safe.

It's a good choice, especially if your focus is on Disney. Rosen hotels make cleanliness a big priority, so that's a bonus, too. We haven't stayed there, so hopefully other ATD-ers who have will chime in!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Glad to see you back on here Scooter. Nice to have a trip planned. Can't help with your query though as we always stay in villas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not stayed at that one, but stayed at the Rosen Inn near Universal on IDrive a couple of years ago, which is also a budget Rosen. As Susan says, cleanliness is a priority there, which was the main thing for us. Found the beds a bit small, doubles rather than queens which was an issue, but for a basic hotel, it will have all you will need. Very basic, but our attitude was that we we only sleeping there. All in all, very good value and if the get bigger beds I would not think twice about staying.
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Seth says, it can be a bit of a squeeze for a family in one room, but the Clarion does represent great value for money, IMHO. If you're not looking for anything fancy, but with a good level of reliable amenity and in a great location, the Clarion is a great choice. It does get you slightly out of the tourist frenzy at the end of the day, but it is a bit more of walk to get anywhere compared to I-Drive.
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 15-04-2017 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Spelling and changed "doesn't" to "does" at Simon's request. Someone was typing too fast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to say welcome back. Can't help with the Clarion, but the LBV area is a nice place IMO. I think it would be best served if you had a car though.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. It would only be for the two of us, so would be plenty big enough. Just got to work our budgets out because as I mentioned, it would be an unplanned trip that we've suddenly considered, simply because the base price looks so tempting.

We're going to ponder over it for the next couple of days.

I'll keep you all informed !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Las minute ones can be the best. Our last one was decided on at the end of December and we went last week in the February!

Looked on the map, and it's a 7 minute walk to Olive Garden, 10 minute walk to IHOP and next door to a hooters. Damn it, I'm coming with you!
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Well we pondered.......

and we're booked !!!!

The offer from Thomson just looked too good to knock back at less than 700 each for 2 weeks in Orlando.

So, just 42 days to go. Mrs S is now mentally packing our case.
    Last edited by Scooter; 16-04-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cannot be very far from the number 50 bus for some cheap transport

Thread Information