Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Aiport Transfer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Aiport Transfer

When not hiring a car, what is the cheapest method of getting from Orlando International Airport to Lake Buena Vista area ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum Geoff P. Have not done this as we always have a car, but check out Mears as they have all sorts of transport options. I'm sure others will be along to share their experiences.

http://www.mearstransportation.com/
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would also second that recommendation for Mears as the most cost-efficient method (www.mearstransportation.com). You CAN do it by bus, but you will have to change at least once to get to Lake Buena Vista, and that definitely wouldn't be ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When we didn't have transport from the airport we just jumped in a taxi, no wait and it only cost $45 for 4 of us to I drive, we were in our hotel 20 mins later.

BEST WESTERN MOVIE LAND 1996
    ALL STAR MOVIES 2004
    QUALITY INN INTERNATIONAL 2006 ALL STAR MOVIES 2007
    POP CENTURY RESORT 2009 FOUR POINTS SHERATON/RPR UNIVERSAL 2011 quality inn/old key west/ RPR Universal 2014
    Caribbean beach/RPR 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I looked at the 3 options last time, shuttle bus, taxi or chauffeured car (all from Mears). The shuttle was about $24 each, and as a result was the most expensive for us, and with all the drop offs it was a dud from the start. I did the taxi fare quote, and it would have worked out about $20 less than the chauffeured car, but that was in ideal traffic. If you get stuck in a jam, the money goes up and up. The Chauffered car worked out about $70 if I remember tight, he was stood with a board with our name on, which I have only ever seen in the movies, and was a lovely ride. So Taxi is defiantly cheapest in an ideal world, but for a flat rate at possible busy times, I'd go chauffered all the way.
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Before i drove, we used to get the Lynx 42 bus at the airport and it used to drop us off on International Drive, a couple of dollars each but to be honest i probably wouldn't recomend it if you have to change buses. We often had 3 cases but as we were virtually the only ones getting on at the airport it was easy to get the cases on but the thought of dragging them off and then back on to another bus that may have quite a few people on it i really wouldn't fancy it.
    Last edited by Superspur; 21-05-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have used Mears in the past, but on our last offsite stay, we used Supershuttle, which worked out cheaper and worked great.

Corinna

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The cheapest method is the bus, its at least two buses, 111 and 50 via international drive, or 11 and 50 via Orlando. The 11 will give you a glimpse of the non touristy side of Orlando which you perhaps would rather not see.

After a long flight with luggage and family, dont do it, there are any number of shuttle companies that will get you there for a sensible price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dear all,

I have used a price comparison website called Jayride to cost up a return shuttle service from Orlando Int airport to Blue Tree resort in LBV and the results are as follows :-
    Latin Express LLC - 24.10 total (all passengers, return service)
    Supershuttle - 56.23 total (all passengers, return service)
    a few others were in the 70 bracket and Mears were 92.
    The Latin Express option seems very cheap, but does anyone have any experience with this company ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Afraid I can't add but would just agree Geoff, if that's return for all, unless you are staying at the Hotel in the terminal it's suspiciously cheap, even one way.

Thread Information