Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Lynx No 50

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lynx No 50

What experience to people have using the Lynx no 50 to Disney parks. We will be stopping in Lake Buena Vista area and our hotel offers free transport, but inflexible times. Just wondered if the Lynx no 50 bus is always full in the early mornings with travellers from I-drive and if busy at park closing times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a good question. We obviously never use the buses locally and, while they ARE reliable, we don't know what the usage is like. Both Dolphin Girl and DHoDG may be able to shed some light on it, though, as they are more likely to have used the buses in the past, as has DMRevis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You need DMrevis to stop by he's an expert on Lynx busses.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It can be very busy morning and evening, dont think I would try it during peak times like school holidays with a family, you wont always get on the first one that comes along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oops, sorry, forgot DHoDG was also a regular bus user.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there any reason why you are not hiring a car? If you can you find it gives you so much more flexibility and driving is much easier in the US than at home.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We did the buses when we went in '11. Quiet if you avoid the rush hours (same as ours really), but it is a long, long ride. You do get to see parts of Orlando you wouldn't normally see though, which is a nice diversion.
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really not comfortable with driving in the US. As we are stopping in Lake Buena Vista, the journey to Disney is not very far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm an American, so my saying it's SO easy to drive here isn't really going to be all that impressive. But I think you'll get a lot of replies saying it's SO easy to drive here!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It really is, you are not even expected to indicate or even look when changing lanes.

At your location if the bus proves too dificult the occasional cab from downtown Disney or whatever its called these days is not going to cost you very much so if Disney is all you want to do then car unnecesary and expensive to take to Disney anyway. If you are planning to venture further might still be possible without a car but there are some places that you just cant get to or spend half a day getting there.

Thread Information