Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: When did the safes go?

Default When did the safes go?

Hi,
    We've stayed in a number of Villas over the years but have not been back for five years. We're heading off in a few weeks time and just been told that the Villas don't have safes anymore!

When did this happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you talking about individual vacation-home villas, NDGLB03? Because there is no particular standard for villas - some will have safes, but others won't. There is no hard and fast rule, or standard, for them to conform to in that respect, so it is usually a case that if you want a feature like that, you will have to search individual homes, and ask questions of owners if it's not clear if they have a safe or not.

Interesting. It seems I've just been lucky as I've stayed in numerous villas since 1992 and always had a safe.

Sorry, and yes, I'm talking about villas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not aware of any rule on safes, as Simon says, and we've stayed in villas both with and without. Interestingly (and only anecdotal) it seems that British owned villas generally do, not so much others.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stayed in numerous offsite villa's and the majority haven't had a safe, many these days have more updated security systems installed.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Same here, some do and some don't although I do like the idea of a safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JohnnySharp makes a good point. Most homes should have a full security system, which would be far more effective than a mere room safe.

The security in all the Villas we have stayed in so far was limited to a door key. Times have changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if the older villa communities weren't fitted with security systems, as they may not have been as popular many years ago. I'm only guessing, but I would have thought the newer communities would all have them, especially if they're not gated communities. I honestly don't know, I was just surprised to read some don't, since many (most? all?) new housing communities are fitted with them by the builder, and it's up to the home owner if they want to make use of it or not.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information