Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: Hotel woe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tell him he can stick his transient reservation where the sun dont shine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't say I've ever heard of a 'transient reservation' in 25 years of dealing with the travel trade. Sounds distinctly odd to me. I think you're fair to ask what happend to the July 1 reservation date by now. The current booking search says there is "no availability" for those dates, so it's hard to imagine they wouldn't be booking for September by now, unless they are holding rooms back for some reason. I think you can reasonably say you need to have some idea of when rooms will be available, as you need to have your tour booked by now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Definitely sounds fishy to me...I have to say I agree with Sandrinos comment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is a definition of transient in hotel speak

"Amongst the non-group category are Transient Travellers: these are guests who are predominantly on-the-move and seek short (and often urgent!) hotel-stays. Transient travellers can include: Walk-in guests. Guests with a last-minute booking, and/or. Simply individual guests requiring a short stay at the hotel."

Or put another way non recurring revenue.

But they are also classified in Hotel speak as guests who can be asked as a one off to pay a very high revenue rate. It is a category who you can leave to the last minute so that you can get super high yield management of rooms.

Simply put they are waiting to gauge you or others in order to max their yield/revenue management system. It's a one off purchase so they don't really care if you are upset.

Still think when you are fixed we might be encouraged to use the power of our group to question their practices?
    Last edited by Ret400; 10-07-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm almost at a stage now where i would feel a little out of place staying with them. If they came through with the booking now i feel as though i might be a little uneasy arriving so maybe it's now time to cut my losses and make alternate arrangements but with the game we're going to set to kick off at 6pm and probably won't finish until 9-10pm my options are massively limited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I feel really sorry for you. I hate when companies take advantage of consumers. I know it's business etc but this type of greedy practice just stinks. You can still make money and a huge profit with moral behaviour. Now we often get annoyed with the Mouse but at least they tend to be up front with the big price.
    All you get out of this is a high price and weeks of angst in order for them to grab an extra few bucks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Ret.

Right now we're looking at maybe staying one night in Birmingham or Montgomery on the Friday then coming in on gameday and staying at one of the not great hotels on the Saturday night then first thing Sunday morning heading down to Florida.

I'm now checking Trivago 2 or 3 times a day incase anything pops up, you never know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hope you find something suitable SS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck, Superspur. I have to admit I'd have abandoned them a long time ago. They've made it very clear they don't value your business.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm stunned at this, you would think that they would be happy to have you pay early and bank the money, even if they had set a room rate which turned out to be on the low side.

If they don't come up with a room I'd plaster it all over TripAdvisor - the whole sorry saga. Stuff like that makes people think twice about staying at places like that that don't treat their guests or prospective guests with courtesy.

Hope you get something resolved.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Thread Information