Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Topic: Hotel woe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No nothing at all. I wrote back to him yesterday and said i didn't understand as he had already said the room would go on sale on the 1st July and he would email me that day but he hasn't bothered replying.

I am on night shft for the next week so i will put another plan in motion just to cover ourselves even though we've left it to late to do that pretty much.
    Last edited by Superspur; 11-07-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look i aint being funny here but id make a sign up and write ' please help i need a room for the night'...telling you someone will offer you lol....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haven't heard anymore from the Capstone so have had no option to try and put something else in place and we have although it's not ideal. We have booked a Microtel by Wyndham but it's in Cottondale apparently and about 6 miles from the stadium so it's going to be a drive in on game day and hope to get parked somewhere. We booked it on Hotels.com but have paid a few quid extra to make it a refundable booking in case something else comes up and it wasn't cheap by any means but decided we weren't going to let the problems we have had in Alabama affect the whole holiday.

Have been checking Hotels.com and Trivago pretty much 4 times a night all week i have been on night shift just in case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Glad you found something but poor service from the Capstone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would suggest that when they do have courtesy to surface you accept a free parking on the night apology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What a pain, at least you have a fall back.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd send him him a nice big pizza biggest you can find. Tell delivery people his name and the hotel.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had the following e-mail come in from the Capstone while I was at work:

The University has released their rooms and I'd be glad to set up your reservations now. I've been holding a room- but, I can actually enter the reservation. You'll be receiving a contract first thing tomorrow morning.

Also, given the nature of your trip, are there any places/events you would like to experience while you are in Tuscaloosa? I'd be glad to help you make this trip as special as possible.
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
    Kind Regards,

Matt Hood| Hotel Capstone
    Director of Guest Services & Revenue
    Office: 205-343-1104
    Cell: 205-861-7070

I was going to ask what should I do but deep down I already know. As much as I would like to slate them for the way we have been treated over the past 15 months, the hotel is absolutely perfect for us, right close to the stadium, very good reviews and in a perfect location. I'll have to make sure everything is 100% locked before I let go of that other reservation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As you put so much desire into the Capstone, I'd go there much as as I understand your feelings. But until it is confirmed I would keep the other booking as well.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree with TF, if you can go there do so but keep the other booking for now if you can.

Thread Information