Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Not happy with the Sunday Mail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The day the Daily Mail crawls back into the bile it was exhumed from will be a day too late and a final memorial to the thousands of people's lives it has ruined. SW is at least a big organisation that can defend itself to an extent, thousands of individuals are not so resourced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just bear in mind that the Mail has the second largest readership in the UK!
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And Donald trump won the US election. Fortunately most people did not vote for Trump and the vast majority do not read the Mail.
    Rarely in my life do I have a hatred for something (in fact I would not want to hate anything) but I have seen first hand what the likes of the Daily Mail do to people's lives. I will step down off my soap box now and return to the peacel, love Mickey.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Friend View Post
    Just bear in mind that the Mail has the second largest readership in the UK!
    Thats maybe 10 people then.

The Daily Mail understands its readership very well and how to sell newspapers to it, it has at least been consistent throughout its history. Ditto what Ret said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say it always amuses me how much people that dislike the Mail seem to know about it, so perhaps they are one of the 1.3 million readers?

Yes I do read the Mail amongst other papers and make my own mind up about what is written.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I take everything with a big pinch of salt....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My opinion on this means absolutely nothing, but I've always thought if, in the 20th/21st century, it still devotes a page to exploiting women or it has gossipy stories about celebrities or the royal family, it's something other than a news paper. Similarly, here, USA Today and the US version of National Enquirer are not news papers.

Then again, I think we're down to just 3, maybe 4, that actually DO cover news stories without sensationalism, so there's that.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information