Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Fort Lauderdale arrival advice.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fort Lauderdale arrival advice.....

......I'm sorry if this has been covered before. We arrive into FLL with BA,we always last 9 visits been mco and sanford,Fll kinda new to us.
    My concern although i hope it is just me being a worry ass is after baggage reclaim where do i go to get Avis car..
    Have joined there preferred program so where do i actually exit as the hire centre is further down isnt it,differant area?
    Thank you again and do think im worrying about nothing.

Regards Sandrino

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can't help as never flown into Fort Lauderdale but (and I may be wrong) I think spencem has. Hopefully he will see this and post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry can't help for the same reason as Catlady, but would agree Spencem has flown in there with Norwegian.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am sure it will be clearly signposted, I imagine the airport will be smaller than MCO as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree it will be clearly signposted. You won't have a problem.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, been offline for a while with another dose of 'Brian' and the same old stupid working hours.

Yes the car hire is in a different building to the terminals and you'll need to take a bus. This isn't a problem at all, they run continuously and are very clearly signposted. Once you get to the car hire building just follow the signs for Avis Prefered and you'll be fine.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just confirming that this really is an easy and efficient service, even if it takes a bit longer than Orlando and Sanford. The hire companies are extremely well honed at Ft Lauderdale.

Thread Information