Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Topic: Fast & Furious - Supercharged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fast & Furious - Supercharged

So, we got an email from Universal promising us "new details for Fast & Furious - Supercharged," the new ride coming to Universal Studios this spring. Here's what they say:

Opening Spring 2018, Fast & Furious – Supercharged™ is a full-throttle, high-octane new ride that ignites the action and brings you so close to the characters, you'll feel like part of the crew. The experience features the all-star cast of the films and introduces two familiar members of the Fast & Furious Family, Mia and Tej.

You'll be immersed into iconic scenes, get a close look at 15 authentic vehicles from the films, have fun with interactive experiences in the queue, and more.

LEARN MORE - click here, it said. So I did, and this was the result:

https://www.universalorlando.com/web...vKey=220361842

Um, not very enlightening, hey? But we do at least like the idea of the 'virtual queue.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like it might be a fun experience, not sure it is a ride per se?
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That seems about right, as it seems like it will be part ride and part experience (some kind of walk-through). It sounds like it is still utilising the trains for the old Earthquake attraction, which seems odd for the size of the new building, but I could be wrong there.

But here's a new video that reveals more about it:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it'll be more like the Kong ride vehicle or even the same ride system. In much the same way the Kong ride at IOA was an expansion on the Kong section of the Backlot Tour from Hollywood this looks like an expansion on the Fast and Furious section.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love the films ....
    I’m really looking forward to this
    Looks as if I need to get booking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure I'll get Mrs TF on that!!
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Thread Information