Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Paid For Fastpasses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Paid For Fastpasses

Disney have confirmed that if you are staying onsite at 'selected' resorts at Club Level for a minimum of three days, you will be able to purchase an extra three fastpasses a day that have no restrictions and these will be able to be booked at 90 days out and you will also get preferred view at the fireworks.
    Read it here http://wdwnt.com/blog/2018/01/confir...xtra-offering/

Is this the thin end of the wedge in a move to follow Universal and charge for fastpasses unless staying onsite.
    How long before the mooted car parking charges are introduced for onsite guests?
    Chargeable resort fees?

Or is this another move towards a money talks class system at Disney and would you pay for these?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Iím not surprised by this seems a natural move now the existing system is up and running they know some people will pay a premium to get more . I guess depending on take up it may get extended to all fast passes although if they did I think they would need to improve it . Resort tax is another area which if they did adopt would bring them inline with most other USA destinations we have visited another extra they could add is premium Wi-fi at a cost all in all I think the cost of visiting Florida is only heading in one direction and that is up
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With the exception of Flight of Passage, we're planning a Fastpass-free trip in November. To start with, I find the booking process stressful because, despite the number of trips we have under our belts, we struggle to imagine which slots might suit us when the time comes. We do always draw up an itinerary, but we don't like to be chained to it. We'll often wake up and simply not feel like doing what we'd planned. With the old system where you got your FPs after entering the park, that wasn't an issue. Now, we face the dilemma of sticking to the itinerary or giving up the pre-booked FPs. Towards the end of our trip last year we were sitting in Hollywood Studios discussing the fact that we hadn't really enjoyed any of our park time and we came to the realisation that it was because we'd been structuring our days around our FP times, criss-crossing the parks and missing things in-between. That doesn't reflect the go-with-the-flow way we like to do things. Being in the parks and soaking up the detail is actually much more important to us than the attractions.

If none of that were true and the system did work for us, I would be inclined to pay, but not if it meant having to stump up for a Club Level room for the privilege. $50 a day per person is going to mount up pretty quickly for the average British family at WDW!

Roses are red,
    So is wine.
    Poems are hard.
    Wine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Deb View Post
    With the exception of Flight of Passage, we're planning a Fastpass-free trip in November. To start with, I find the booking process stressful because, despite the number of trips we have under our belts, we struggle to imagine which slots might suit us when the time comes. We do always draw up an itinerary, but we don't like to be chained to it. We'll often wake up and simply not feel like doing what we'd planned. With the old system where you got your FPs after entering the park, that wasn't an issue. Now, we face the dilemma of sticking to the itinerary or giving up the pre-booked FPs. Towards the end of our trip last year we were sitting in Hollywood Studios discussing the fact that we hadn't really enjoyed any of our park time and we came to the realisation that it was because we'd been structuring our days around our FP times, criss-crossing the parks and missing things in-between. That doesn't reflect the go-with-the-flow way we like to do things. Being in the parks and soaking up the detail is actually much more important to us than the attractions.

If none of that were true and the system did work for us, I would be inclined to pay, but not if it meant having to stump up for a Club Level room for the privilege. $50 a day per person is going to mount up pretty quickly for the average British family at WDW!
    That pretty much sums up how I feel about the new fast pass system before it was introduced we pretty much went with the flow if we managed to get slots on the old system we used them otherwise we checked ride times and planned accordingly or we just skipped stuff and enjoyed other parts of the park. I accept that for some people it works but I still struggle with the concept of planning what I am going to be doing so far in advance, we have many times planned a day in one park but woke up thinking letís do something completely different. Same with dining when we are away we like to see how the mood fancies us when it comes to eating something lost when you know you have a time and sometimes meal choice already booked months in advance
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I totally agree with Deb, we have never planned our days to the Nth degree from the first visit in 93 to our last. The only fastpasses we booked were on the day. I feel sad that this is the way Disney are going and know that probably there may be rides I may not get on again because I can't stand in a queue for a long time. I think we had the best of Disney on our first visits.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kerrrrrrrrrching.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We didn't visit the parks last May anything like as much as we anticipated, with having the DAS and FPs it did feel for the first time we needed to plan our days more, whereas in the past we have never done that as we would never stick to it.
    In fairness the DAS process was easy and the cast members very helpful to our needs.

I miss the old days of the paper tickets, now it's plastic cards, magic bands, online bookings and it has taken some of the fun out of it. Seeing loads of people spending more time on their mobile phones, apps, booking this & booking that, texting away rather than
    actually taking in the occasion and enjoying themselves doesn't seem quite right.

We did manage to get Joshua on the rides he enjoys but to be honest whilst we do love the parks and our planning went okay, it was doing other things that we enjoyed the most.
    I guess we will always get to the parks early like we always have, and I am sure we will be able to do what we plan to do, but so much for the 'good old days' eh?
    Last edited by Johnny Sharp; 11-01-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have stayed club level on previous visits.

There is no way that we would fork out $100 a day for 3 extra fastpasses, but sure there are plenty that will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerBell's Sis View Post
    We have stayed club level on previous visits.

There is no way that we would fork out $100 a day for 3 extra fastpasses, but sure there are plenty that will.
    Thats the problem TBS while people will pay it they will be happy to bring this in....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, sadly, this is the way Disney wants it. More $$s for absolutely no extra output on their part (and to the detriment of those who can't afford it). If this continues, with ever-longer waits even for basic attractions, we will have no hesitation in recommending people avoid Disney for Universal, SeaWorld and Florida's many natural attractions.

Thread Information