Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Paid For Fastpasses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think Disney are now very clear in their aim to only have the type of guest who will spend in their parks. They don't want people who are travelling on a budget in there cluttering the place up and not spending $$$ every day. If all us poor people could just keep out of the way of the rich they would be much happier.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We haven't been in a Disney Park for our last 6 trips, just so much more to do and see in Florida. The more Disney complicate the visit and create a two tier experience I can't see that changing.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are so many things I love about the Disney parks that I can't imagine never going again, but I do feel sad about some of the rather obvious pricing strategies.

We had a wonderful day at Epcot yesterday for the media preview of Festival of the Arts (watch for our blog soon), and while the "living paintings" part of the show is free if you use your own camera, it's very obviously a Photopass selling point. Still, those sorts of things really make the day for us now; a fun, somewhat spontaneous thing you can do with your family that, for the moment, CAN be free (with park admission).

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our first 2 trips where very much dine on a tight budget especially the first one we stayed offsite pretty much self catered I believe we only ate out twice we came back exhausted as we fitted so much in and in a lot ways they where our best trips . Dont get me wrong we stopover the magic of the parks but they have evolved and continue to evolve and there is a huge price tag to all these changes and it must be out of price point for a lot of visitors. I did a quick price check for 2019 and with no free Dining available at the moment the prices where ridiculous
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been musing this latest decision by Disney and the words from Tom Petty's song The Last DJ kept coming to mind.

All the boys upstairs want to see
    How much you'll pay for what you used to get for free

I know that running/developing a theme park is expensive, but equally I imagine it is quite profitable (especially when you consider the opportunities to sell merchandise) but there has been a move over the last 5-10 years to increase prices especially for things that were free or low cost. Parking charge goes up almost annually (and as we discussed several years ago must bring in $Ms a week), 'prime' fastpass limited to onsite guests, now the 'opportunity' to pay for extra fastpasses if you are in the elite etc.

It makes you wonder how long it will be before there is a charge for parking at Disney Springs and the Disney roads become tolled.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sadly, I don't think those are unfair comments, TF.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be fair, I don't think Disney looks towards the guests that stay for 2, 3 and even 4 weeks, as even though we think we make a huge slice of the market, we don't.
    If you examine the patterns, which Disney obviously do, these patterns must indicate that those guests coming for 3 or 4 nights spend the most per head, so it makes perfect sense to target this area of the market.

But to throw another spin on it, I dip in and out of various facebook pages and one in particular asked the question "Is Disney outpricing itself and if yes, would you still go to Florida and look to visit other attractions in Orlando or further afield?"
    The results were interesting, with a lot saying they have either cut Disney out, or they may just visit one Disney park and there are more and more people asking for advice on other things to do within Florida.

Personally, we have never spent mega money in within the parks and tbh I hate how crowded and busy the parks are becoming and trying to exit MK when the park closes with the fireworks is becoming a real safety issue.
    I also think Disney keep the queue levels up as we have been in a comfortably busy park, only to encounter longish queues, but you then discover that they aren't running all the ride cars or all the tracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *** kitten View Post
    To throw another spin on it, I dip in and out of various facebook pages and one in particular asked the question "Is Disney outpricing itself and if yes, would you still go to Florida and look to visit other attractions in Orlando or further afield?"
    The results were interesting, with a lot saying they have either cut Disney out, or they may just visit one Disney park and there are more and more people asking for advice on other things to do within Florida.
    That's a really good point, SK, and very interesting to hear. We have long been proponents of getting out beyond Orlando to see what else Florida has to offer (because it's a LOT!), and that's one of the reasons why we added the Off The Beaten Track chapter to the Brit Guide in the first place, as well as the Twin Centre chapter. It's definitely a growing trend that we see, so it's good to hear it's occurring to others as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As I've said before I believe we had the "best" of Disney in the 90's. Nowadays we don't visit many parks at all preferring to do other things in Florida and Orlando. In fact on our next holiday I think we will only be visiting Epcot maybe one other park but we shall see. In some ways it makes me sad though.

Thread Information