Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Margaritaville Resort Update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good link, TF. Yes, there's a LOT going on in that area (and just to west as well, north of the 192).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's another video tour update, from Attractions magazine. There is still a LOT of work to be done, but they are still saying they hope to open the first phase in November:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't get over the size of the place.

And that lake must have taken some water to fill it!
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You bet. And they can't rely on rain to keep it filled at the moment - we're entering borderline drought conditions again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're assuming they're hoping to be up and running in time for Thanksgiving in which case we might be lucky in snagging an opening offer for the end of our stay (we fly home on November 17th). We're a bit nervous about staying on what could quite easily be a building site, but we'll just have to keep an eye on things. An alternative option we're considering is Universal's Aventura which is due to open in August. It's years since we've done anything of note at Universal, so we're thinking it might make a nice change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We saw the Aventura at relatively close quarters last week, and it is certainly going to be very shiny! Universal are starting to position it as a hotel for Millenials, which might seem a bit odd, but it should certainly have enough Wow factor - especially with their rooftop bar - to make it worthwhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's another one for you, Deb! Our friends at MouseSteps just did a tour of the new show-homes at Margaritaville:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ooh, thanks! I'm subscribed to their YouTube channel, but I've missed this. It's a nicely put-together video and more in-depth than those the resort itself has been putting out. I like the fact that they're a departure from the usual Orlando rentals, but not having any private outdoor space is a downside. I wonder if they'll all be like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice, especially the decoration and finish, but I agree with Deb on the lack of outside space and privacy.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The website is taking hotel bookings commencing 15th January, 2019. Not sure how much to read into that.

Thread Information