Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  34
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Topic: Dale Winton's Florida Fly Drive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In comparison I enjoyed Jane McDonald’s cruising programme which I caught up with today ...

Can’t believe though that the bride featured in the onboard wedding is wearing Heathers dress ... coincidence or what !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ELAINE View Post
    In comparison I enjoyed Jane McDonald’s cruising programme which I caught up with today ...

Can’t believe though that the bride featured in the onboard wedding is wearing Heathers dress ... coincidence or what !!!
    Yes we enjoyed that it was nice to see some places we had visited also she does come across well
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The continuity of the parks segment really wound me up, as others have said it made the place look like just one park.

I think poor Dale is not in the best of health, looked to me like he has suffered a stroke.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ELAINE View Post

We haven't watched the previous series, but decided to take a look at the new one. I wondered if I might find her a bit OTT, but she's actually very engaging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agree with all, it was a sort of early 80s late 70s innuendo show. The idea that you have to panic buy before you go, guess they were just trying to get a Supernarket Sweep ref in. He has had some major surgery and I read but obviously can’t confirm a battle with health problems over ten years ago. He missed Cillas funeral which according to some press is a sign of his problems!
    The jumping around was unhelpful but I did like seeing a few interesting places to visit.
    I guess it was a small production company, low resources/cost base who pitched this. It fills hours that need to be filled, but it was fairly poor in reality with the old 70s innuendos. A new quality travel programme could work but I wonder if so much YouTube etc has stolen our way of researching now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did anyone catch the two-part QE2 documentary on Channel 5? Completely engrossing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Watched most of the first episode and found it uncomfortable viewing to be honest. Don’t have anything against the presenter but agree with Deb’s earlier comments, I could expand but it’s probably best I don’t.

Not sure I can bear the Key West episode!

It’s a shame as it’s an opportunity missed, as I stated earlier the days of Wish You Were Here are long gone, and given their shows generally contained other holiday locations too it was often crammed into a short space of time.
    You have to get the presentation right and sadly this new show has scored a massive own goal.
    Last edited by Johnny Sharp; 15-02-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What happened to episode 2? I had it to record on series link, but it didn't show up. Episode 1 is still available to download On Demand and episode 3 is scheduled for this coming Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Deb View Post
    What happened to episode 2? I had it to record on series link, but it didn't show up. Episode 1 is still available to download On Demand and episode 3 is scheduled for this coming Thursday.
    They pulled it due, understandably, to the mass shooting that took place in the Florida school that day.

They replaced it with a programme which had a serious violence and bad language warning!!!
    Last edited by Tiggers Friend; Yesterday at 05:28 PM.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I wonder if this means this episode won't be shown then..

Thread Information