Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Topic: Why We Love The 7, 14 and 21-Day Ultimate Tickets For Disney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    2 hours isn't a long time for dining though.
    It is if you get fined $25 if you don't move your car in time!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    2 hours isn't a long time for dining though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    Hmmm if I was dining at Californian Grille and got a fine for overstaying my two hours parking, I think I would be wanting it to be cancelled, especially as you can be kept waiting a considerable amount of time for your ADR [40 minutes is our record] then chose your meal, eat three course, then coffee to finish...................................I think I have gone over our two hour limit and that is just two of us dining. We have been a party of 9, and no we didn't finish in two hours and I haven't even factored in watching Dreams.

Nope, that won't work, sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't wait to see all the court cases that will lead to when people blame the time it got to be seated, served etc.

To pay for it all Disney will have to put up the car park fees again.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Welcome to the ATD forums, GierBergerud!

I think it's a combination of several things, as most of these decisions are, but during this time of year (Jan/Feb) when the parks are historically at their slowest, we're seeing wait times of 60 minutes for middle-of-the-road attractions. Our neighbor took her girls to Magic Kingdom yesterday and in the course of 5 hours they did 3 rides. They're (obviously) Florida residents, and won't be in a hurry to go back, even though they live 15 minutes away. I think there is a somewhat false impression of crowd size, due to the much longer waits than the crowds warrant. I could argue my reasons for why I think that's happening, but let's just agree it IS happening and leave it there.

Disney is, without a doubt, pricing some former visitors out of the market, and I think much of that is felt most keenly by Americans, and maybe the Canadians. The 14 Day Ultimate remains a big, big bonus.
    I dont dissagree with you completly. And the issue is of course a complex one. Since traveling from Europe (Norwegian/American/Dominican), we always buy the 21 days package when doing Disney. Usually staying 4 weeks in Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Ret400 View Post
    Meant to say welcome Gierbergerund and thanks for chipping in. Have you got a trip planned or are you a regular?
    We usually travel every 2 years (2013, 2015 and 2017 - Since kids). But found out that our planned summer vacation this year was really close to an Orlando trip and now its a 2018 trip in the planning :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice one, any questions the team here are always happy to help, but you may be an experienced Orlando vet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be a bit clearer on the $25 charge for 2 hour parking, $25 the fee for valet parking, so if you park in the 2-hour lot and stay longer, they'll charge you as if you've used valet service. HOW they do this I don't know. The logistics would be...challenging. We haven't parked there yet, but a friend of ours parked there a week or so ago and that was the new setup.

We don't love the idea. We often meet people at the Contemporary, and we don't necessarily leave in 2 hours.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

To be a bit clearer on the $25 charge for 2 hour parking, $25 the fee for valet parking, so if you park in the 2-hour lot and stay longer, they'll charge you as if you've used valet service. HOW they do this I don't know. The logistics would be...challenging. We haven't parked there yet, but a friend of ours parked there a week or so ago and that was the new setup.

We don't love the idea. We often meet people at the Contemporary, and we don't necessarily leave in 2 hours.
    Exactly, when we have had our ATD meet ups it can go over 2 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blimey, glad we have 3 days hopper left on our old MYW tickets.
    Will have to make the most of them, these ultimate passes don’t work for us, we just wouldn’t get enough use out of them and over 1100 for the 14 day one for just the 3 of us, no thanks.

Ideally we probably need to add a couple of days on to what we have next time we go.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Thread Information