Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: Another shooting in Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We was in Memphis and New Orleans before the election and it was hard to avoid the subject especially when our airport transfer driver was 110% Trump ! We just politely listened and tried to sound interested 😟 we was grateful it was a short transfer. On another occasion having a gentleman’s breakfast with a large all male group I tactfully sat on the fence as much as possible
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    I think you made a very wise decision!

Nationalist+Guns=YIKES!!

It occurs to me Simon is lucky. He's allowed to say what he thinks about both of our countries.

Or is he NOT allowed to say what he thinks about EITHER....?!
    Dont answer that Simon, its a trap.

The USA seems terribly divided on this issue and others along party political and generational lines, I guess it is the latter that is the most significant. We will see if the Boston Globe has it right or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by palmer gang View Post
    I tactfully sat on the fence as much as possible
    I think on our Regent Cruise that we will be doing this a lot!!
    Another UK cruiser has pointed me to a blog and I was astounded to read that people took Trump banners to put on their balcony railings when in port

Mr Sk can't wait to see me try to keep stum. He reckons it could be the highlight of the cruise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *** kitten View Post
    Another UK cruiser has pointed me to a blog and I was astounded to read that people took Trump banners to put on their balcony railings when in port

Mr Sk can't wait to see me try to keep stum. He reckons it could be the highlight of the cruise
    Could be interesting 😂 I promise the conversation in Kefalonia will be non political and more about the cocktails
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *** kitten View Post

Hey, we could sell tickets for that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Following the Florida state enacting a new law reagarding firearms, increase in age, banning of bump stocks and a longer time between purchase and receiving the weapon, I was impressed (not) by the NRA's approach.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Friend View Post
    Following the Florida state enacting a new law reagarding firearms, increase in age, banning of bump stocks and a longer time between purchase and receiving the weapon, I was impressed (not) by the NRA's approach.
    The thing is, they will win on the banning of under 21s buying guns but might be on a loser with the other bits. It just shows how hard it is to introduce any kind of gun laws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DH of Dolphingirl View Post
    The USA seems terribly divided on this issue and others along party political and generational lines,
    I would agree, to a point, but respectfully disagree as well. We are definitely divided on the subject, but the divide is roughly 90% in favour of stricter gun laws and the banning of assault weapons and 10% against. This is one reason it's such a massively contentious issue. The vast majority of the country wants stronger laws (and that's across all generations and political parties), but the NRA (National Rifle Association) wields tremendous power because of the millions and millions of dollars they give to Republican campaigns. Republicans like Florida's vile Senator Marco Rubio won't even sit down for a discussion about it, and they have blocked any research into gun violence. THAT is why our gun laws are what they are. Campaign dollars are speaking far louder than the will of the people. So we have to VOTE THEM OUT!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting, that is quite a disconnect between the way people cast their votes and their opinions on the gun issue. This is perhaps not surprising as there are many issues affecting voting but interesting nevertheless.

I wonder what scale of catastrophe it would take to change that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do think the massive flood of outright lies against his campaign opponent had a huge effect on susceptible voters (she may be a lot of things, but she's not laughing while little girls are systematically being assaulted by grown men in a basement somewhere), but let's remember: he didn't actually win the vote count, he won the electoral college vote, which means Russia realistically only needed to target 3 strategic states to win for him. And evidence shows that's exactly what they did.

Let's also remember, we've had 8 years of Republicans screaming "Obama is coming to take your guns", and that turned into "Hillary is coming to take your guns". Even though the majority of responsible gun owners want stronger LAWS, they don't want their guns taken away. And no matter how loudly Obama and Hillary supported our Constitution's Second Amendment, susceptible people would rather have had a "Republican" in office, who wouldn't take away their guns.

(I'm not sure if it's worth noting here that Trump stated, on camera, that he rather take people's guns away first and allow for jurisprudence later, but I'll just leave this here and you can decide how you feel about it.)

Obviously, Trump is no Republican, but just like we all thought he could never win (meaning, none of us knew about Russian interference and Russian donations to the NRA), equally, many people thought the ACTUAL Republicans could control him and make him a puppet. I have literally no idea why on God's green earth anyone would think that, but there ya go.

What you're looking at is a dumpster fire in which the will of the people isn't just being ignored, there is a party-wide agreement it will not even be discussed. We await the outcome of Robert Mueller's investigation.
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 12-03-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Thread Information