Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: 10th Anniversary Day 4 A Couple of Hours-SW, Shopping, Chilling by the Pool and Epcot

karalma is offline Proud Recipient of Six--count 'em, six!!--Fast Passes During Year of a Million Dreams!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 10th Anniversary Day 4 A Couple of Hours-SW, Shopping, Chilling by the Pool and Epcot

Awake at 3.00 again and could only return to my dreams after a couple of hours reading. Darren woke me at 7.10 and I really wanted to keep sleeping but the kids were getting ready to go out so had to force myself to wake up.

The traffic going onto the I4 was really bad again and it took us 50 minutes to get to SW. We're going to have to find a different route. Still, we arrived for opening and Darren and the kids rushed off while I strolled in. SW looked a little different with the kiosks taking up space at the entrance. Darren and the kids enjoyed 2 rides on Kraken and 2 on Mako while I enjoyed soaking up some rays before Darren, Matt and I got a soaking on Journey to Atlantis. We were disappointed to find that Kraken had been leashed again - how had I missed that the unleashed version was no longer working? They were all walk ons and the only delay we had was having to wait 10 minutes for Mako's area to open. A couple of hours saw us done and while I enjoyed the park being quiet I thought it was sad that SW isnít even busy at Easter. But then we walked out and found the biggest queue of people we have ever seen going into SW. Looks like we just timed it right.

Next up was the Florida Mall and as usual Darren and the kids enjoyed shopping and the boys found some good bargains. At least I bought one thing this time......M&Ms. I enjoyed reading in the little courtyard outside Forever 21, while I waited for Alix. On the way back we called into Wendy's, the first time we've been here. We all enjoyed our sandwiches and I particularly enjoyed the strawberry and watermelon iced tea, another first as Iíve never tried iced tea before.

Back at the villa we swam and surfed the net (me), swam,read and played volleyball (Matt), sunbathed and played volleyball (Darren) and watched TV (Alix).

Feeling refreshed we were ready to go and see Epcot at night. We decided to try and find a different route as we werenít in a rush and headed up the US27 and 192. This was a much longer route but we got there in half an hour. Spaceship Earth was the first ride quickly followed by Soarin, which must be the longest FP. Worth it though as I came out undecided whether FoP really was the winner of my favourite ride. The others all thought FoP was the winner but I was feeling loyal to Soarin. We headed across to Mission Space which Alix and Matt rode, a first for Alix and she enjoyed this. Darren and I sat and enjoyed the cool evening.

In World Showcase it was much busier, being 15 minutes before Illuminations. We grabbed some chips from the UK and wandered down a little passageway we had never noticed before at the side of the chip shop and were awarded with a fantastic view in a non crowded space. Not sure if this has always been accessible but glad we found it. Really enjoyed Illuminations again but what I really love is leaving Epcot singing Promise.

On the way home we called at Walgreens for cream as I have been bitten again and mouth gel for Matt. I love how you can pick up medicines so late at night.

A great day, enjoying a medley of our favourite things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sea world is a lovely park such a shame itís been fighting bad publicity what did you think of Mako ? Loved the photo of you all in front of Spaceship Earth
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another lovely day, I particularly like that photo of the flamingo boats at SW.

It is a nuisance the traffic through Championsgate onto the I4. I think it is not just tourists but also commuters as there is much more residential housing in that area now.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I absolutely second TF's comment about the flamingo boats pic. It's a real winner.

Really enjoyed Illuminations again but what I really love is leaving Epcot singing Promise
    You're not the only one! Epcot at night remains one of Disney's greatest creations, IMHO.

karalma is offline Proud Recipient of Six--count 'em, six!!--Fast Passes During Year of a Million Dreams!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by palmer gang View Post
    Sea world is a lovely park such a shame itís been fighting bad publicity what did you think of Mako ? Loved the photo of you all in front of Spaceship Earth
    I didnít ride but everyone else loved it. It is now Alix's favourite coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Friend View Post
    Another lovely day, I particularly like that photo of the flamingo boats at SW.

It is a nuisance the traffic through Championsgate onto the I4. I think it is not just tourists but also commuters as there is much more residential housing in that area now.
    The flamingos pic was just be caused I was looking for something else to photograph. We thought there was probably commuters in the traffic and discussed how frustrating it must be for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    I absolutely second TF's comment about the flamingo boats pic. It's a real winner.

You're not the only one! Epcot at night remains one of Disney's greatest creations, IMHO.
    I canít quite decide whether I prefer Epcot or AK at night.

Thread Information