Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Topic: Virgin Atlantic Credit card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Virgin Atlantic Credit card

Is apparently going to be discontinued next month. I have no idea if a new company will take over but i got a letter today to say that MBNA and Virgin Atlantic Airways relationship is coming to an end very soon. For me this is a massive dissapointment right now as probably 90% of my airmiles comes from my MBNA account as we buy everything on it and then pay off the bill from our current accounts.

We've been lucky that we have had two Upper Class reward flights from Virgin over the last 3 years which we would never have been able to afford without the credit card airmiles. It's a strange one with not much info on the net yet and the letter only arrived today but even last month MBNA were offering Virgin credit cards. https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...wered-far-can/

Dear xxxxx

We wanted to let you know that the co-brand credit relationsip between Virgin Atlantic Airways and MBNA Limited is coming to an end.

There is nothing you need to do and we'll write and let you know how this change affects you by 15th June 2018. Your card including all it's benefits hasn't changed so please continue to use your Virgin Atlantic credit card account as you do today. You'll also receive some correspondance from Virgin Atlantic Airways before the end of June

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not surprised at this news (I have one of their cards as well) as MBNA was taken over by Lloyds a number of months ago.

However, do not despair VIrgin Money has a new card with the same/similar benefits. You can get to it from the Virgin Atlantic web site or via this link https://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/cr...rds/vaa-cards/
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for that, i'll wrap up my MBNA account over the next month and switch it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the main changes that has happened over the last couple of years, is the fee that CC companies etc are allowed to charge each other. It’s been hugely reduced. It was mainly this fee that was used to provide part of the benefits for many card extras. I think it was a European ruling but bizzare did not involve AMEX?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superspur View Post
    Thanks for that, i'll wrap up my MBNA account over the next month and switch it.
    My plan as well. Not sure which card to go for though, the free one or the fee one.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I await our letter......., we may get it this year! The post to Oz is 'snail mail'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Friend View Post
    My plan as well. Not sure which card to go for though, the free one or the fee one.

It's a 160 a year but the fee one looks a lot better, more points and half of what you need for a companion flight so i'll probably go for that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superspur View Post
    It's a 160 a year but the fee one looks a lot better, more points and half of what you need for a companion flight so i'll probably go for that one.
    That seems like a good choice, probably do the same.

Thread Information