Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: What can i pack??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That doesn't count as a 'big shop' 'cos you didn't buy any tater tots, Lays potato chips, bottled Mexican coke, Grovestand Tropicana Juice and sausage patties.
    I should have kept my receipts from last May to see all the crap I bought....spent a fortune at Walmart, always go a little over the top for our villa shopping.

I am not even sure Julie has ever been inside a Florida supermarket!
    Last edited by Johnny Sharp; 26-06-2018 at 07:04 PM.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I cannot have those foods in my home. I would simply stick my entire head into the bag of potato chips and start chewing, or get up at 2 am when everyone is sleeping, make the entire bag of tater tots, and quietly eat them all by myself. Junk food is banned from this house. I have enough problems just eating fruits and vegetables!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys
    So going back to original post, if I wish can I take some cereal in my case ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by richard214 View Post
    Hi guys
    Yes I think you can, for me I would buy out there simply because of the size of the boxes - but then again we take our own Bisto gravy and buy allsorts of crap when we get there so maybe I am not best placed.

Have you done a google search on your question, it's bound to have been asked before elsewhere?

EDIT - just checked another forum for you, and several people have taken cereal with no problems at all, you might need to declare it but no reason why there should be a problem.

So now that is all fine, can we get back to tater tots and potato chips?
    Last edited by Johnny Sharp; 27-06-2018 at 06:10 AM.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    I cannot have those foods in my home. I would simply stick my entire head into the bag of potato chips and start chewing, or get up at 2 am when everyone is sleeping, make the entire bag of tater tots, and quietly eat them all by myself. Junk food is banned from this house. I have enough problems just eating fruits and vegetables!
    Did you have a camera filming us on our last villa holiday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, you can bring cereal. It's more a question of "why take up all that space in your luggage when you can buy cereal here?" If there is only one cereal you will eat, and it's non-negotiable, bring it. If not, I personally wouldn't waste the space in the suitcase.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by richard214 View Post
    Hi guys
    We always use to take cereal with us as we had a fussy eater! We also use to take chocolate teabags and instant coffee. Oh and hard cheese for certain friends 😉. We don't bother now as the tea, coffee here is on par with US!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    We always use to take cereal with us as we had a fussy eater! We also use to take chocolate teabags and instant coffee. Oh and hard cheese for certain friends 😉. We don't bother now as the tea, coffee here is on par with US!
    Chocolate teabags? They will melt won't they when you pour on the hot water.

I know you mean chocolate, teabags (at least I think you do).

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My bad I missed a comma 😂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And there I was, thinking I needed to find out more about this "chocolate tea".

Thread Information