Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Changed flights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Changed flights

Hi Guys

A Couple of months back i received emails and phone calls from NetFlights informing me that our outbound flights from Manchester - Philadelphia and Philadelphia - Fort Myers had been cancelled and would need to make alternative flights !!!!!
    If we changed our days to Friday or Sunday we could have our original flights, as everything was booked we had to keep the flights on a Saturday, all BA could offer was Manchester - LHR.... LHR - Fort Worth Texas... Fort Worth - Fort Myers.......!!!!
    i wasn't happy as we didn't want the three flights but can't do anything because BA are still offering the travel on the same day,
    so now we leave Man at 09.45am (check in 3hrs before flight 06.45) and land in Fort Myers at 00.16am (which is 05.16am uk time
    I think we're going to be tired???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yikes, not sure I'd be happy with that. Where are you travelling to after you land in Fort Myers?

Also are you hiring a car in Fort Myers, if so check that the car hire firms are open at that time, I don't think they are 24 hours like in Orlando.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, that's a long way out of your way. No Miami available?

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thats a long day,....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Think I would be having a look at The American carriers. Thats nearly a whole day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Given it’s a cancellation, you should be due a fair whack of compensation under the EU scheme? Might help? Even if they re route you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No compensation because it's American Airlines and Susan we could have flown to miamii but then over a 2& 1/2 hr drive at night we're 25 mins from fort Myers..... Checked with Alamo they're open till 1am and if my flight is delayed they'll stay open up to 2 hrs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flights all paid for don't have a spare 3k for new ones?!!!!
    Last edited by richard214; 20-06-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by richard214 View Post
    No compensation because it's American Airlines and Susan we could have flown to miamii but then over a 2& 1/2 hr drive at night we're 25 mins from fort Myers..... Checked with Alamo they're open till 1am and if my flight is delayed they'll stay open up to 2 hrs.
    It covers all Airlines regardless of origin that depart from EU country as they are EU regulated, it’s the return part that is more complicated. Not an EU carrier on outbound has been a common myth.

See below from Moneysaving expert.

It's only for EU-regulated flights
    European Union flight
    An EU flight is where the flight departed from an EU airport, regardless of the airline OR where an EU airline landed at an EU airport. Under this law, EU airports also include those in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

So a delayed Manchester to Miami flight qualifies, regardless of the airline. Yet for Miami to Manchester, you are entitled to compensation flying Virgin or KLM, but not on Air India.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But it’s not delayed they cancelled a flight and given us alternative we’re actually leaving Manchester over a hour early!!!
    Delayed is delayed on the day not 4 months in advance.

Thread Information