Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: What time does the Disney FastPass site update to the next day?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    Yes, this is definitely something that handicaps offsite visitors. To a certain extent I can understand Disney wanting to 'reward' its onsite guests, but it shouldn't be the detriment of the majority. This does seem to be getting out of hand that offsite guests just can't get any of Flight of Passage, Na'vi River Journey, Slinky Dog Dash, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Frozen Ever After. Very poor.
    I managed to get some Na’vi River Journey tickets, but none of the other you have mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guess soon we will hear ‘in order to facilitate guest satisfaction and enhance your experience’ they might start allowing you to buy a fast pass!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And then you will only be allowed in the park if you have a FastPass...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Having paid to park your car at the bargain price of $22 (plus annual 10% increase).
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Snap out of it, you goofy dooms-day zealots!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In May last year we could only get on the Mine Train because we had the DAS. We were kinda given a complimentary one when we picked up the pass from Guest Services (or relations can never remember which), and chose that ride.
    We were lucky to get on it again when I walked ahead to book a further DAS time slot whilst we had some other FP and walk on rides to do in the meantime.

I suppose the impact on a lot of the newer attractions is less for us as it’s unlikely we would take Joshua on some of them anyway. He still likes the old indoor darker rides like Pirates and Peter Pan, that said though the latter of those is also very popular on FP.

Times have changed so much from just touring with the old style paper tickets with no iPads and mobile phones, not sure it’s for the better.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happychappy1 View Post
    Failed again today...grrrrrr

I think you are correct regards the new FastPass system, bring back the old one where you had to pop your card into a machine and return later.
    We actually like the concept of the new system as it means that we have got fastpasses for rides that we never rode before as the queues were longer than our tolerance level and all the paper fastpasses were long gone before we got to the park as even when we travelled with 5 kids they weren't early risers, so never got to parks much before 10am, nowadays it can be lunchtime before we venture in

But, personally, whatever system they use, will be over subscribed as the parks are just so much busier these days and each year sees the previous numbers of visitors exceeded.

Anyone else join in the park opening 'fast' walking dash to get to TSM fastpasses? Yes, that is one of the few prk openings we have done, when we were with family

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I accept that without the fast passes and ADR you probably wouldn’t get to go on the rides that you want or eat at the restaurant that you want but it to my way of thinking it goes against the grain of what a holiday should be about. Holidays should be about waking up and taking the day as it comes something a Florida trip seems to have drifted away from
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by palmer gang View Post
    I accept that without the fast passes and ADR you probably wouldn’t get to go on the rides that you want or eat at the restaurant that you want but it to my way of thinking it goes against the grain of what a holiday should be about. Holidays should be about waking up and taking the day as it comes something a Florida trip seems to have drifted away from
    That's true and in ideal situation that is what I would prefer, the only real planning we used to do was to get to the parks early - other than the obvious trying to visit at a time of year that was a little quieter crowd wise.
    However, with technology, apps, and all the new ticketing options Disney have gradually introduced it is for many, us included, not practical to do that anymore. We have to plan our theme parks days much more than we ever used to do, if we don't it's likely Joshua will miss
    out on some rides and fun, given he just wouldn't and doesn't understand that we have to plan a lot more. Thankfully with planning, the DAS and an increase in his patience levels we generally do fine, but I do agree and kinda miss the good old paper tickets and the good old
    days. Then again I am a grumpy so and so when I see people blocking my path messing about on their ruddy phones! Technology eh....
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Totally agree with the “teknonowledgey” is better....NOT angle....

Why make a simplistic day out to a theme park so difficult? Meant to be a fun time, not a massive planning exercise.

We’ve been visiting Orlando and the theme parks for years (other than our forced “mecical” break) and from memory enjoyed it better in the past, even accounting for our FPs on steroids we received from Give Kids The World in 2016 - amazing that these were - like a buffet at a sweet factory!

Ok. We will probably get a DAS and be able to use that to help, we are also meeting up with another family who are this year going on a GKTW trip so they too will get these, but I really think that Disney need to re-evaluate this current FP system as the vast majority of people are missing out big time.

We have two other sets of friends who are over at a similar time to us this year who have been trying to get Avatar tickets with no success for ages now, they too are Disney regulars and are not happy, one family has said that the current system is a shambles and will not be going back to Fla, indeed we are all talking about going west! Is it the same system in California?

Thread Information