Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Worlds Worst Airports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Worlds Worst Airports

Picked this up https://www.farandwide.com/s/worst-a...content=172218

For all those who moan about MCO, there isn't an American Airport that makes the list, unlike the British Isles and France.
    I'm with them on Stansted, but rank Luton worse.

What would you add or take away from the list.
    Last edited by sex kitten; 14-09-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't quite understand moaning about MCO. It's always been one of the easiest airports we've travelled through.

The same can't be said for Dulles, though, or, to some extent, Atlanta.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you ďIím not messing around, use the gifts you were given.Ē

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    I don't quite understand moaning about MCO. It's always been one of the easiest airports we've travelled through.

The same can't be said for Dulles, though, or, to some extent, Atlanta.

I don't think it is actually the airport that people moan about, it is Immigration.
    If you are unlucky, you can be held on the plane as Immigration is so full they physically fit any more passengers in the waiting area.
    This is not MCO's fault as such, it is the fact that you have possibly 5/6 planes landing from the in a short space of time.
    But this is the joys of travelling and I agree with you Susan, it is a easy airport to move through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are only three airports in which we felt like we might grow old and die before reaching the Immigration agent. Last year's experience at Johannesburg comes to mind...

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you ďIím not messing around, use the gifts you were given.Ē

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's sad that three of the airports are in the UK but from my experience I can't disagree about the comments on Edinburgh or Manchester. A few years ago I used to fly to Edinburgh quite a lot and nearly every time we arrived the plane was put on a remote stand from which we had to be bussed meaning that it took ages to deplane and be on our way.

Manchester has a number of issues to deal with. The introduction of charges for drop offs is "to reduce congestion during the new development phase" and if you don't want to pay you can be dropped off in a car park on the other side of the Motorway Spur and take a shuttle!! There are frequently queues in Security and in our experience some of the people in there need lessons in courtesy. I know it is a difficult and responsible job, but when you ask a civil question it would be nice be get a civil answer!!

Once Airside in T2 the experience is quite nice (once you negotiate the hazard course that is Duty Free!).

Our biggest gripe is when you land. There is often no gate for the plane (this May we ended up on a remote stand) and you can sit on the taxiway for 20-30 minutes. And once off and through Passport Control (which can take ages) you have to wait and wait and wait...... for your bags.

To be fair Manchester Airport are in the process of a £1bn transformation programme which will increase the number of gates and hopefully improve transit through the airport.

For info http://mantp.co.uk/

Meant to say that I don't find MCO bad at all. Now the Immigration officers treat visitors with respect it is generally OK.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/California/Arizona/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Indian Ridge;08Sanibel/Indian Ridge;09Sarasota/Indian Ridge;10Sanibel/Indian Ridge;11Indian Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor; 16Loma Linda; 17Sanibel/Loma Vista; 18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Poor list. Edinburgh busy but confusing? Check in, up stairs, through security, through shop, TADA!

Immigration issue around World is a disgrace. What business/agency gets 330 days notice of exactly how many, where from and at what time the customer turns up, yet still they wander out with with a little box of stamps 20 mins after the queue gets too big.

Itís a poor list obviously discounting most of the World. Casablanca , agadir, and Marrakesh , you know who you are (security issue huge concerns)! Greek islands, you know who you are, JFK, you know who you are and CDG you are old, smelly and rude and thatís without trying!

Luton is a bit like what you would expect after a Zombie apocalypse and everyone waiting to escape. Plenty to eat but nowhere to hide!
    Last edited by Ret400; 14-09-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not surprised about Manchester, its in a mess at the moment but totally support charging those that wish to drive there.

The Japanese and Chinese airports we have been frequenting recently are all immaculate and the immigration processes smooth.

Generally like airports, hard to think of one that I dislike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't undergone too many airport horrors, although the departure terminal at LAX (and its filthy toilets) sticks in my mind for all the wrong reasons! I, too, think Dulles is a horrid airport to get around (and still stuck in the 1970s) and, as Susan says, Jo'burg was a real trial to arrive in. Gatwick consistently annoys for the amount of time it takes to walk in from the US arrivals gates, and then wait (and wait) for your luggage, but it's generally easy to navigate. I really like Schipol and Barcelona, while Denver is also an airport we've connected at and had a good experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flying out of LAX was always a nightmare, just nothing to do and nowhere to sit past security.

Luton a dump, went through there this week. Hopefully once their regeneration is done it will be better?
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dulles will be better for me once the extension to the Silver line opens there in a couple of years.

Incidently, this time we arrived in Orlando we must have beaten the record for a Brit to get through immigration

From the second we stepped off the plane, it took us 11 minutes to get through immigration.

Probably the fact we almost had the plane to ourselves on the way over and we landed just ahead of about 4 other flights meant we more or less walked straight through.

Thread Information