Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: A Tale Of Four Cities Day 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *** kitten View Post
    Ouch for your fall. I do hope that it was recorded properly, and noted that it was because liquid had been spilt and not cleared up!

Sounds a nice easy embarkation day.
    I am absolutely certain about this. Within seconds of me going flying an officer appeared and they seemed to be taking this very seriously. I was just embarrassed about it all. I am quite capable of falling over my own feet and did not want all this attention. To give them credit, the spill was not obvious. I most certainly had not seen anything and if nobody had told them, they would have had no way of knowing. As soon as they did know, the area was mopped and a warning sign was put up. I have no issue with Royal Caribbean at all. I think they handled this really well. I am sure if I had said that I was hurt, I would have been carted off to the health centre and I am equally certain that there would not have been a charge for this.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphingirl View Post
    I have no issue with Royal Caribbean at all. I think they handled this really well. I am sure if I had said that I was hurt, I would have been carted off to the health centre and I am equally certain that there would not have been a charge for this.

Corinna
    I think you’re right there Corina, my daughter broke her ankle on The Navigator of the Seas 2 weeks ago. They x-rayed her, strapped it up and provided pain killers all free of charge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ELAINE View Post
    I think you’re right there Corina, my daughter broke her ankle on The Navigator of the Seas 2 weeks ago. They x-rayed her, strapped it up and provided pain killers all free of charge
    Off topic I know, but how is your daughter getting on Elaine? Hope the ankle is mending well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *** kitten View Post
    Off topic I know, but how is your daughter getting on Elaine? Hope the ankle is mending well
    Thanks for asking ?... It’s healing ok ... the wound from the op is doing well ... she’s just seriously bored with being forced to do nothing ( and the pain of realising that she only gets 5 days sick pay is still there !!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ELAINE View Post
    I am glad that they looked after her and that she is healing nicely.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Horrified by your fall! I'm glad you were mainly okay, but that really must have been frightening.

I got what essentially amounted to what was a lecture about using the toilet.
    I wonder if they have to do this with everyone so as not to appear to be singling out one particular group. I certainly wish someone had been standing in the restrooms where we did a cave tour in Slovenia when a specific group of visitors went through. There was toilet paper everywhere but in the actual toilet when they were done, all of it used. The PR person we were with said it happens every single day when that bus tour arrives and departs.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    Horrified by your fall! I'm glad you were mainly okay, but that really must have been frightening.
    It was scary, but fortunately I tend to bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    I wonder if they have to do this with everyone so as not to appear to be singling out one particular group. I certainly wish someone had been standing in the restrooms where we did a cave tour in Slovenia when a specific group of visitors went through. There was toilet paper everywhere but in the actual toilet when they were done, all of it used. The PR person we were with said it happens every single day when that bus tour arrives and departs.
    I would tend to agree with you, but we did not get same lecture on Quantum of the Seas last year. It will be interesting to see if we will end up with a lecture on Quantum this year.

If we are thinking of the same region of origin, then there is an easy explanation for this. In a lot of rural China, the plumbing is a little suspect and flushing toilet paper would cause it to back up. I have used some bathrooms in China where there were signs asking people to put used toilet paper in a bin next to the toilet. Outside the big cities, this is the norm. Because of this, it probably would not occur to a lot of people from rural China that they can flush toilet paper. And in the absence of bins ...

Corinna

Thread Information